Posted (edited)

I only bought these a month or so ago, they are just a bit too big for my room so downsizing to some D20R.

I'm sure you will be aware how beautiful these speakers sound, with deep yet controlled and articulate bass, transparent mids and sparkling highs, all sounding relaxing to listen to. I had some Spendore D7.2s before these, and although crystal clear, they did make listening for more that 45min tiring on my ears. I can happily sit for hours listening to these Proacs!  

Cherry finish in near perfect condition with only slight fading behind the grill. All original packaging and floor spikes.

I will consider taking a newish pair of D20R is part exchange (Rosewood, Ebony or Walnut).

Collection from York or Selby or can ship. I'd also be happy to travel upto 50 miles  from Selby to meet a buyer.

Now asking £2800...(was £3000)

20210516_093127 (3).jpg

20210516_095120 (1).jpg

20210516_092345 (2).jpg

20210516_093134 (2).jpg

Edited by RICHARDIIII
Better pictures
  • Like 2
Posted (edited)

I had ProAcs for, what, 25 years? Never felt any need to go elsewhere - and in a second system I still have Celef LS8 which was Stewart Tyler's lovechild from around 5 years ago.

After Studio 125 and 140 I had the D30R, which had powerful bass and clean fast treble but lacked something in the midrange. When I auditioned the D30RS, it was not a subtle improvement. The new bass driver has a wider response range so the crossover has been refined to let the ribbon tweeter relax a little; the midrange is lovely and the bass is clean, crisp, powerful. I bought them. It took active ATC's to unseat my D30RS and I still hold them in the highest regard and fondest of memories.

Good luck with your sale.

Edited by TheFlash
  • Like 1
On 08/05/2021 at 19:55, RICHARDIIII said:

I only bought these a month or so ago, they are just a bit too big for my room so downsizing to some D20R.

Cherry finish in near perfect condition with only slight fading behind the grill. All original packaging. 

I will consider taking a newish pair of D20R is part exchange (Rosewood, Ebony or Walnut).

Collection from York or Selby or can ship.

£3000

20210508_195456.jpg

20210508_195429.jpg

How old please?   Cheers.

20 minutes ago, TheFlash said:

I had ProAcs for, what, 25 years? Never felt any need to go elsewhere - and in a second system I still have Celef LS8 which was Stewart Tyler's lovechild from around 5 years ago.

After Studio 125 and 140 I had the D30R, which had powerful bass and clean fast treble but lacked something in the midrange. When I auditioned the D30RS, it was not a subtle improvement. The new bass driver has a wider response range so the crossover has been refined to let the ribbon tweeter relax a little; the midrange is lovely and the bass is clean, crisp, powerful. I bought them. It took active ATC's to unseat my D30RS and I still hold them in the highest regard and fondest of memories.

Good luck with your sale.

Thanks Flash. They are stunning! I'm currently listening to London Grammar's new album they are incredible....just too big in my narrow room. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Colinjg said:

How old please?   Cheers.

Hi, I bought them from Fanthorpes a month or so back. They had taken them in as a trade in. I dont know the age but the serial number is D30S/000481.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, RICHARDIIII said:

Price drop to £2800.

I can email more and better quality pictures to anyone interested in them.

Richard.

Don't do that, Richard, replace the originals here with better ones, including with the grilles on. In the wood, the fading might well look "only slight" but those photos make it look substantial and won't be doing you any favours. I can PM you my email address if you wish, you can point me to better pics and I'll put them up for you.

This is a great price for a stunning sounding pair of speakers.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TheFlash said:

Don't do that, Richard, replace the originals here with better ones, including with the grilles on. In the wood, the fading might well look "only slight" but those photos make it look substantial and won't be doing you any favours. I can PM you my email address if you wish, you can point me to better pics and I'll put them up for you.

This is a great price for a stunning sounding pair of speakers.

Yes - flash (not THE Flash!) inevitably exaggerates the contrast.

Edited by Blodger
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Blodger said:

Yes - flash (not THE Flash!) inevitably exaggerates the contrast.

Spot on!

I always used my ProAc D30RS with the grilles on; they looked stunning. Many people prefer their speakers like that. Those same people will often turn their noses up at speakers with fade; "go figure" as our transatllantic cousins would say.

I just want to make it absolutely clear that I have no interest in purchasing these at all myself. Absolutely none. Not even thinking about it. Just to be absolutely clear. Despite how they sound. And how they look with the grilles on. Or off without the flash. I'm glad we're clear on that.

• Like 1

I have finally worked out to compress pictures (it's very easy!)  And I've edited my original post with better pictures. 

The speakers look MUCH nicer in real life. But if you dont want any grille fade at all, then the other option is to spend £5200 on a new pair. For some reason all Proacs (that I'm aware of) fade, so anyone looking for a pair of Proacs has little choice. 

Before choosing Proac, I listened to PMC, ATC and Spendor speakers. Proacs are the ONLY ones that gave me goose bumps whe I heard them!  Their main sonic signature I love is just how relaxing they sound, but not at the expense of transparency or sound stage.

Much better!

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/05/2021 at 12:50, Zen Monkey said:

£2800 for these is a steal!

Thanks Zen, I think so too. I'm a big Proac fan and I always keep my eyes open on the private market for them. 

Very rare to see the latest incarnation for sale with a huge discount from a new pair.

The trick to getting rid of the sun marks (I learned this from Proac!) is to leave the grills off for a few months.  The light will gradually fade the darker area closer to the lighter area.

• Upvote 2