FS: DCS Bartok Streaming/DAC (10 months old)

Posted (edited)
I am reluctantly selling my DCS Bartok, which I bought from an authorised UK dealer in June last year.  I auditioned a lot of DACs and Streamers and this was the best by miles.  It is an amazing sounding unit, but I listen mainly to vinyl and I am not using it enough to justify the cost (new price is £11,500).   This is the version without the headphone amp.

Condition is excellent.  The only blemish I can spot is a tiny scratch on the side-plate (which will not be seen in a hi-fi rack).  It comes in original box with all manuals and accessories.

I will ship fully insured within the UK by signed-for courier.  Price is £9,000 including delivery.  I am just outside Edinburgh for covid-safe collection, or meet-up if buyer is within driving distance.  It is also advertised on E-bay at a higher price to cover selling fees.

IMG-0164-min(1).jpg

Edited by Junaman
Price reduction
  • Like 1

More photos

IMG-0173-min.jpg

No remote, but the DCS Mosiac app is excellent.

We obviously have had diff experiences with hifi :)  I do think however that its a v.nice looking bit of kit. Its design has been obsessed over by OCD giants.

Playing Devils Advocate, are you sure you want to let this go, and you say you listen mostly to vinyl, but are you sure streaming will not be for you in the future, maybe near future.  Just out of curiosity, how much have you listened to it, and have you given it a fair chance.  My apologies if I've put my nose in where it shouldn't be, sometimes I cannot help my self, and I do understand there is a fair bit of money tied up in the Bartok. :)

Still, good luck with the sale.

Weekend bump

Price reduction.