Ninka tweeter comparisons Original versus OW1

6 hours ago, Solanum said:

Ah, OK. So if I wanted to go down this route, I'd need to buy the tweeters, ship them to you (I'm in Australia, tweeters are in Denmark I think) to install in your Ninkas (?) and get you to ship them back to me to install in mine.

What is the cost of having the Exakt filters developed? Also, I assume the filters are agnostic about SO versions?

Yes, although it could be possible to ship them from Denmark to me in the UK to avoid a hop - just be very careful about taxes and fees now, post Brexit.

Because you are collaborating on the development of these filters and there is potential for further users to purchase the filters, there will be no charge to you for the filters. You'll need to cover all the shipping costs.  Currently, due to a restriction by Linn, the filters only work with SO v1.  SO v2 is on Linn's "to do" list but with no commitment to when they will deliver.

PM me for more details.

10 hours ago, sunbeamgls said:

Yes, although it could be possible to ship them from Denmark to me in the UK to avoid a hop - just be very careful about taxes and fees now, post Brexit.

Because you are collaborating on the development of these filters and there is potential for further users to purchase the filters, there will be no charge to you for the filters. You'll need to cover all the shipping costs.  Currently, due to a restriction by Linn, the filters only work with SO v1.  SO v2 is on Linn's "to do" list but with no commitment to when they will deliver.

PM me for more details.

OK, that's pretty reasonable.

The SO v1 vs v2 is a bit of a pain though....  Do you know whether further measurements are requried for V2, or if you did measurements for v1 you could simply rebuild the filters for v2 once enabled by Linn?

41 minutes ago, Solanum said:

OK, that's pretty reasonable.

The SO v1 vs v2 is a bit of a pain though....  Do you know whether further measurements are requried for V2, or if you did measurements for v1 you could simply rebuild the filters for v2 once enabled by Linn?

There would be no need for changes to the filters, its just a case of Linn enabling them, so when Linn make the change you'd be able to use them as they are.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

Update on Exakt filters for Hiquphon tweeters.

Katan / OW1 are available now.

The following will be available shortly:

Katan / OW2

Ninka / OW1 bi-amped and tri-amped

Ninka / OW2 bi-amped and tri-amped

Keilidh / OW1 tri-amped

Keilidh / OW2 tri-amped

20210616_153306.jpg