I’m looking at a possibility of adding an Lp12 to my sources having recently upgraded my Adsm with katalyst 

I am a complete newbie when it comes to turntables of any sort apart from using them 40 years ago!

can anyone advise me about what age this lp12 is and it’s approximate value?

Linn Sondek LP12 Transcription Turntable. With Pro-Ject Carbon Tonearm & Adikt cartridge

many thanks 

49D87A35-DA43-4D51-8FD8-692DD6B2EC59.jpeg

Ring the Linn Helpline and they’ll tell you exactly how old it is, based on serial number.

’troll

Its a fairly recent one.  I would guess post-2010.  But others should be able to confirm.

When considering a used LP12, add the cost of a Karousel bearing to the price. Then compare it to the price of a new Majik LP12. The Karousel is so impactful that I consider it to be a "must have." I've spot checked the used market and most don't occur as good values compared to a new Majik LP12.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
2 hours ago, akamatsu said:

When considering a used LP12, add the cost of a Karousel bearing to the price. Then compare it to the price of a new Majik LP12. The Karousel is so impactful that I consider it to be a "must have." I've spot checked the used market and most don't occur as good values compared to a new Majik LP12.

Note that the current Majik LP12 also has a superior tonearm, the Linn Krane, and it might have a better sub chassis as early Majik units had the steel sub chassis which was upgraded to the Majik aluminum sub chassis when the Kore came out.

• Like 1

While I basically agree with @akamatsu, and @ThomasOK we don't know if @zephyrhas been offered the a. m. LP12, or its whereabouts. Or did I miss something?