Puritan Mains Cables

George 47

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Griff500 said:

Maybe he's able to pick up 5G since getting vaccinated and it's improved the sound quality?

I dread to think where he's plugging the ethernet cable in.

Edited by Warszawa

40 minutes ago, Warszawa said:

I dread to think where he's plugging the ethernet cable in.

No, it’s still plugged into the streamer!

Just now, CnoEvil said:

Yup - but that leaves the other end (so to speak). :ph34r:

Wouldn't that make his system sound like...

1 hour ago, Nopiano said:

My Hifi has been sounding unusually good today. You know, those times when the voices seem sweeter and clearer than usual?  And the rhythms faster and crisper. 

As I’ve had my Puritan mains cable in use for about three weeks now, I might be trying to tell you that it has burned in and is now singing sweetly.  But I’m not really sure there is such a thing!  

I’ll just go back to the music. :Tumble:

Hi Nick, Did you already knew that it gonna happen in advance? Like one poster here?🤣🤣

32 minutes ago, Iceman 16 said:

Hi Nick, Did you already knew that it gonna happen in advance? Like one poster here?🤣🤣

Definitely not. I was taken by surprise, honestly.  And a few days ago I heard another Wammer’s far superior system, so I wasn’t expecting it at all.  @Warszawa is probably right in that it’s a nice warm day, and that helps. (Though it helped more when I played LPs regularly, as cartridges seem to like warm weather)

3 minutes ago, Nopiano said:

Definitely not. I was taken by surprise, honestly.  And a few days ago I heard another Wammer’s far superior system, so I wasn’t expecting it at all.  @Warszawa is probably right in that it’s a nice warm day, and that helps. (Though it helped more when I played LPs regularly, as cartridges seem to like warm weather)

I would like to try one soon. But my only concern is I need a straight UK plug (Furutech style)when connecting to my mains conditioner.

Give Igloo Audio a call Iceman, he was very helpful when my brother ordered from him, I'm sure an appropriate plug could be fitted by Puritan before dispatching to you, although maybe take an extra 2/3 days

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Guys I am having an interesting time with these cables. The manufacturer is quite open about the cables and the techniques he uses which consist of the pure copper cables, a silicon layer on the cable followed by a layer of carbon material (not sure which) and then another layer of silicon. The whole cable is incredibly flexible and easy to position. He maintains that the plugs used sounded the best and are Shurters. And a sneak view. The cables that the Classic sounded better than was my Audionote Isis cables (current ref mains) which was an achievement for a £75 cable.  Anyway, it should be fun at the Show.

Interesting George. I’m sitting on the fence when it comes to cables. I became more of a believer after my recent experiences when I put AN Lexus speaker cables in my system.

I’m slightly more skeptical about power cables, at the moment they are more of a vanity project than anything else, so for me the Mark Grant power cables look the part for not a big amount of money, so job done. However I’ve been curious to try the AN Isis power cables and IC’s based on others’ comments, but cannot get myself to pull the trigger due to the cost. So your comment is peaking my interest.

I just don’t like the look (on the pictures) of the oversized sleeve, it looks like a badly fitted suit on an overweight guy with poor taste in shoes.

Which one is the black cable, that’s the one I’ll for…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Chivas said:

Interesting George. I’m sitting on the fence when it comes to cables. I became more of a believer after my recent experiences when I put AN Lexus speaker cables in my system.

I’m slightly more skeptical about power cables, at the moment they are more of a vanity project than anything else, so for me the Mark Grant power cables look the part for not a big amount of money, so job done. However I’ve been curious to try the AN Isis power cables and IC’s based on others’ comments, but cannot get myself to pull the trigger due to the cost. So your comment is peaking my interest.

I just don’t like the look (on the pictures) of the oversized sleeve, it looks like a badly fitted suit on an overweight guy with poor taste in shoes.

Which one is the black cable, that’s the one I’ll for…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, the AN ISIS mains cables were the best mains cables I had heard. They have  a relaxed smooth sound that is very easy to listen to for hours on end. The Puritan has lower background noise, a bit more sparkle and dynamics. Preferences could affect the choice. The Puritan I used was the Ultimate. They all come in either white, black and copper. The oversize outer is only on the Ultimate with the Classic and Classic+ having a much 'tighter' fit. The ISIS has a more conventional build. 

14 hours ago, Warszawa said:

Use these for my AE1a - quality at a very good price 👍

So I've been listening to music with the Puritan classic cables plugged into my OPPO 105EU doing streaming duties and also into my Sbooster for my RME ADI-2DAC. The Puritan classic replaced two Clearer Audio mains cables attached to same as above.

I must say there is a marked difference between the Puritan classic and my Clearer Audio mains cables. The Puritan mains has a little more warmth as compared to the Clearer Audio ones. The Clearer Audio has a little more air around instruments, as to which is better will be system dependent. I'm keeping my pair cause I like em.

Expectation bias?.. Happy with that too. 

• Like 1

• rabski locked this topic
  • rabski unlocked this topic