Okki Nokki record cleaning machine issue

Ady

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lurch said:

When I got my Pro-Ject VCS back in 2016 it came with a wooden handled goats hair brush. I stopped using it after a, month as the wood was soaking up the fluid and growing mould, I changed to a Tonar Wet Goat, plastic handled goats hair brush. 

Screenshot_20210516-210450.png

I have one of these, and they're really good for medium to clean records. I think something like the SRM brush is only required for stubborn records (I have a few).

The current Project brush is plastic handled with really long bristles. These are too soft to properly scrub the record surface, so now I use it to spread the rinse mixture.

Edited by bigfool1956
typo

Super Wammer
10 minutes ago, bigfool1956 said:

I have one of these, and they're really good for medium to clean records. I think something like the SRM brush is only required for stubborn records (I have a few).

The current Project brush is plastic handled with really long bristles. These are too soft to properly scrub the record surface, so now I use it to spread the rinse mixture.

Get an ultrasonic cleaner off spider.. use the ultrasonic first then put the record on your vacuum cleaner .. I’ve cleaned over a thousand LPs since lock down started and the pipe in the project is as clean as a whistle..Virtually nothing on the LP after ultrasonic cleaner is used ...

pristine result every time..

Super Wammer
3 minutes ago, bigrod said:

Get an ultrasonic cleaner off spider.. use the ultrasonic first then put the record on your vacuum cleaner .. I’ve cleaned over a thousand LPs since lock down started and the pipe in the project is as clean as a whistle..Virtually nothing on the LP after ultrasonic cleaner is used ...

pristine result every time..

I've used Spider's Velvet Vortex as both Lurch and Non-Smoking man have one. I would like one but workspace (and money) are an issue.

Super Wammer
41 minutes ago, Bolosun said:

To get at the innards of the okki, take the bottom off, not the top.

Thanks for that information, I've cleared the blockage now so will not be looking at taking it apart as after re assembly there will probably be a part left on the bench and I'll have no idea where it goes 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ady said:

Thanks for that information, I've cleared the blockage now so will not be looking at taking it apart as after re assembly there will probably be a part left on the bench and I'll have no idea where it goes 😀

Photographs on your phone as you take apart anything, I transfer them to my PC if for large size, ie wiring for car or sound system.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1