Cables cables cables... (speaker)cables.

32 minutes ago, Paulssurround said:

I have visited this Linn dealer in Erlangen.

‘They are one of the premier Linn dealers in Germany. 

Are they giving up Linn or giving up selling HiFi?

They gave up selling HiFI - some guys of the team continue in Nürnberg.

• Like 1

They give are the business, just selling the stock.

2 hours ago, weinconsi said:

They gave up selling HiFI - some guys of the team continue in Nürnberg.

That is too bad.  Thanks for letting me know.

At least Nürnberg is close by.

Aurelio took me to Nürnberg for a guided tour to the old castle and the central townsite. Very interesting place and worth a visit.

3 minutes ago, Ben Webster said:

They give are the business, just selling the stock.

Must be good wine.   😂😂

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Paulssurround said:

I have visited this Linn dealer in Erlangen.

‘They are one of the premier Linn dealers in Germany. 

Are they giving up Linn or giving up selling HiFi?

I understood that the Erlangen shop is closed altogether. There was another Steiner Box subsidiary in Nürnberg, which is very close to Erlangen. Maybe too close to make sense in a shrinking high end audio market. I'd hope that they concentrate the business in Nürnberg, which is the heart of the region. Anyway, it's always sad to see good dealers vanish - despite the fact that I made a bargain on 3 pairs of silver xlr. Now I'm well prepared for a Klimax Exaktbox. Unfortunately, an attractive offer for a black used one just slipped through my hands this week.

PS: This also was a late reply, obviously. Not my day.

Edited by TooManyCatweazles
  • Upvote 1

Erlangen and Nürnberg are closed. Both Managing Directors are retired.

• Like 1

But there is a new shop in Nürnberg with former Steiner Box employees. Stefan, the new managing director of „Nürnberg HiFi“ is also a pro. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, DB1328 said:

But there is a new shop in Nürnberg with former Steiner Box employees. Stefan, the new managing director of „Nürnberg HiFi“ is also a pro. 

Good news for the "Metropolregion" Nürnberg. It's a long way to Mainz, Kiel, or Tipperary. Do they carry Linn?

Edited by TooManyCatweazles

8 hours ago, TooManyCatweazles said:

Good news for the "Metropolregion" Nürnberg. It's a long way to Mainz, Kiel, or Tipperary. Do they carry Linn?

Of course. Look at their homepage, looks very promising.

• Like 1

why nobody is talking about atlas cable equator, as for me it seems that linn k200 is a atlas equator made accoording to linn's specs (bigger) and what did i read ? is linn black mogami or vandamme ic ?

1 hour ago, Lorre said:

why nobody is talking about atlas cable equator, as for me it seems that linn k200 is a atlas equator made accoording to linn's specs (bigger) and what did i read ? is linn black mogami or vandamme ic ?

Atlas is ran by an ex-Linn guy. I bought some of their plugs to 2:4 some K400 and spoke with him a few years ago. Needed a big wire screw s-plug…

On 21/05/2021 at 13:14, Pennypacker said:

can someone comment on the airloc?

I have the metal QED air locks on K600 cabling. They were the plug of choice for my old Linn dealer, Gary. They seem to do an excellent job: they indeed are crimped on with a special tool and, it seems, cannot be reused. 😳 

The K600 is a massive improvement on the K20, which the 600 replaced. I can’t comment on the 600 vs 400. As much as the K400/600 series are abject failures on the WAF scale, they pass with distinction on your hearing scale🥳🎶🎶😂

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Lorre said:

Is Atlas a cable manufacturer (e.g. like van Damme, Doncaster Cables, Canare, Belden or Connectix) or a boutique cable company (e.g. like Blue Jeans Cables or Mark Grant Cables)? If the latter then I’m surprised Linn would go to Atlas, but not saying they don’t. I don’t know anything about Atlas, but they have some interesting products: solder free plugs for instance. 

[Please can I emphasise I do not mean boutique as a negative adjective, but rather to distinguish a company that adds value to create solutions from manufacturers products. Indeed I worked for a boutique networking company]

Edited by Nestor Turton
  • Upvote 1