High Quality UK to Schuko Adaptor?

Zen Monkey

On 20/05/2021 at 18:53, Muckplaster said:

Stick with normal UK 13amp as performance is unaffected by mains stuff.

You're funny. xD

Just in case you were being serious, I'll disagree based on my experience with this 'mains stuff', but each to their own. :^

On 17/05/2021 at 22:28, rabski said:

you can poke things into a live hole

I had something rather witty (obviously that's entirely subjective) ready to post but then decided against it.

• Haha 1

Deciding against it will mean you lose your comedy card I'm afraid Griff.  :P

5 hours ago, antonio66 said:

Deciding against it will mean you lose your comedy card I'm afraid Griff.  :P

I can always apply for a new one. ;-) 

Posted (edited)
On 20/05/2021 at 18:51, Frizbriz said:

I use two of the Oyaide power strips, analogue, digital, expensive yes but a last a lifetime product. Their schuko fixtures are prob best there is.

The Oyaide power strip arrived today and you weren't kidding about the fixtures because, good lord, they're a snug fit. They actually feel superior to those on my Furutech e-TP309E which is surprising given the difference in price. Very happy with it indeed.

Edited by Zen Monkey

Oyaide stuff takes an age to fully run in, first day sound great then go bright for few days, then a long woolly bass phase. Even plugs are notorious for burn in time. Lot of Far Eastern diy types rate Oyaide as superior to furutech. The last generation of copper mains cable was legendary, new one good but old stuff really sings, they stopped sourcing copper from furukawa as they moved production to China and Oyaide refuse to use anything not produced in Japan.  

I’ve had mine years and in spite of being a inveterate tweeker not found anything that is so musically rewarding at near price.

less is more, hate filters and mains treatment, just quality cords, plugs and strips.

there’s at least three things in this post to wind up the flat earthers!

• Like 2

Frizbriz, interesting post above regarding Oyaide, from what I've read Oyaide can sound a little soft, sorry but that's a generalisation, and wondered if you had ever tried Acoustic Revive speaker and mains cable, the diy kind that can be purchased off ebay.  There's not much info on the net regarding this company, and would be interested in your opinion if they had passed through your hands.  Apologies for going off topic, that's forums for you.

Oyaide are on warm side of neutral , but it depends on item. The cables are def are melodically better than furutech, less hifi, furutech do dynamics and detail.

not listened to acoustic revive, tho at various times both Oyaide and furutech have worked with them.