Changing Space Optimisation is not working with new hub

I just downloaded Konfig on a new laptop.  It didn't work, exact same behaviour.  Paulssurround, should that have worked, or what should I have deleted in Konfig?

I deleted the original konfig not sure if doing this changes something at Linns end and then redownloaded program on same computer that I had just deleted original konfig

• Upvote 1

Probably best with hardwiring to router rather than wireless

My system is all hardwired together. 

Good news!  I got over my fear of uninstalling Konfig.  I uninstalled it on both laptops, then reinstalled it on the new laptop.  Everything looked good and was still in Konfig correctly.  Then I went into my Linn account and tried to switch to one of the optimisations I created over the last couple days.  It did not work, but instead of throwing an error, it just stopped the update process and set me back to my then-current optimisation.  I created a new optimisation using my saved room.  This time it worked!  And it sounds good.  So it looks like I have my space abilities back in full force.  I will try to close the ticket with Linn.  

Thanks for your help, the forum has come to the rescue yet again!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, wildwildWes said:

My system is all hardwired together. 

Good news!  I got over my fear of uninstalling Konfig.  I uninstalled it on both laptops, then reinstalled it on the new laptop.  Everything looked good and was still in Konfig correctly.  Then I went into my Linn account and tried to switch to one of the optimisations I created over the last couple days.  It did not work, but instead of throwing an error, it just stopped the update process and set me back to my then-current optimisation.  I created a new optimisation using my saved room.  This time it worked!  And it sounds good.  So it looks like I have my space abilities back in full force.  I will try to close the ticket with Linn.  

Great news. Glad it worked

9 hours ago, wildwildWes said:

That’s excellent news. I’ve experienced problems with Konfig too where I’d registered a new DS in my Account, but it didn’t show up in the Account. I never got to the bottom of it, so don’t know if it’s an issue in a local configuration file that obviously gets recreated from scratch on reinstalling.

’troll

On 19/05/2021 at 19:01, Elad Repooc said:

This sounds like a bug since the MDSM had created the initial profile to begin with. In my experience I have seen some issues with importing the room in SOV2 into a different DS/DSM. What I would do is create an entirely new profile, creating the room from scratch (you can just copy/paste your current room settings to the "new" room) in the ASH. 

Also I feel like when this type of thing happens it's best as @akamatsu mentioned, to do a reboot of everything, including refreshing your browser (also from what I've gathered, Linn recommends using Google Chrome for SOV2), and even rebooting your router/switch.

No I would delete konfig on your computer then redownload it you won’t have to reinput any measurements

• Upvote 1