Audio Millennium trustworthy?

1 hour ago, rabski said:

As much as anything, if I'm parfting with serious money, I want to be absolutely certain the goods are as described and properly functioning. Never mind whether they actually exist ot not.

Completely agree, and your earlier point about looking at the photographs and presentation makes it obvious it’s a fake. All normal dealers and traders shoot their pictures in the same room, or on the same stand, rack or table. 

It's a well done website, wish all audio retailers sites were as easy to navigate and the prices shown.  xD

• Haha 1

Yes - but a lot of the photos are nicked from other retailers’ or even manufacturers’ websites as far as I can see - the Gryphon Diablo for example comes via Analogue Seduction I think.  Looks like they’ve picked some of the most desirable,seductive high-end kit then dangled them in front of potential buyers.  🤔

I think the Romans knew about this dealer 2,000 years ago

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caveat_emptor

Any second hand seller who insists on upfront payment and does not take credit card is in my opinion to be avoided at all costs.  I should add what I am saying applies to the UK - I have no idea of the rules in other countries.

It is one of the disappointing aspects of Ebay that the payment method is PayPal and or cash on collection (I try and only use the latter for big purchases).  With a credit card for any purchase of £100 or more you have full Consumer Protection with the card company and the "merchant" being severally and jointly liable (so if the merchant will not sort it out you can claim from the Credit Card Company).  

I also understand that if the item you are buying is £100 or more and you pay a deposit by Credit Card then you still get the full protection.  For those interested the full low down can be read about here https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/how-youre-protected-when-you-pay-by-card

• 1 month later...

Do not buy from these guys. I was ripped of $12,000 pounds for some speakers. I am based in New Zealand and they will tell you to pay first. I bank transfered and they never sent me a consignment. Ignored all emails this was back in April. I am now trying everything I can to catch these assholes.