F/S - Revolver Turntable/Linn K9 cartridge

Family heirloom clear out continues. :(

This beautiful sounding Revolver turntable with Linn K9 cartridge is now available for collection (From Bromsgrove, Worcestershire).

Used by my relative in his conservatory, hence the cloudy lid (not warped so still perfect shape) and slight imperfections of paint coating (mostly where the lid rested). I could correct the paint finish but would rather leave in it's characterful state. :)

It replaced a Pioneer PL12D and 112D. Sounds so much better. The Linn cartridge replaced the original cartridge but I don't know how many hours its had. That said, it sound and tracks great. I do know the belt was changed around 5 years ago.

Please see pictures incoming.

£150.

A great little turntable- I've got three in the loft! The Revolver still is a great performer- look up David Price's review in Hi Fi Choice- he was very positive about it. They are even selling an updated version for just less than a grand! For anyone starting out in vinyl, this is a real steal- believe me.

Best Wishes

Chris

• Upvote 1

Thanks Steve. Appreciate the endorsement.

I loaned this to a friend who seemed to struggle to get on with his Rega P1, two years ago.

He much preferred this but it wasn't for sale then. :^

Sadly, he passed away last year. I sold his Rega for the family. :(

I'll check the link out. :notworthy:

Yes indeed, sounded way better than the rega back in the 80's. Full bodied and great noise floor, used to love listening to it in brighton cassette and hifi when I was but a youngster!!

• Like 1

Found the review. The Linn cartridge certainly makes the sound, nicely tight and detailed.

https://www.hifinews.com/content/revolver-turntable

A great little turntable- I've got three in the loft! The Revolver still is a great performer- look up David Price's review in Hi Fi Choice- he was very positive about it. They are even selling an updated version for just less than a grand! For anyone starting out in vinyl, this is a real steal- believe me.
Best Wishes
Chris
Everyone should have three similar turntables in the loft. Just in case...

Yes indeed, sounded way better than the rega back in the 80's. Full bodied and great noise floor, used to love listening to it in brighton cassette and hifi when I was but a youngster!!
Brighton cassette and hifi... Was that the place down by Preston circus..?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, PeteT59 said:

Brighton cassette and hifi... Was that the place down by Preston circus..?

Brighton cassette and hifi was at the bottom of trafalgar street, which meets London road. It was a great little shop, with a sofa and every saturday the usual suspects would be sitting there talking about equipment.

It was back in the 70's and 80's when it was difficult to get certain dealerships.

Jeffries was down the road and so he would stock Exposure instead of Naim and Revolver instead of Rega.

He had some great equipment, there would always be a Linn sondek with it's latest cartridge, either Karma or troika playing. Bought my Cambridge A&R 60 from there.

I spent most of my spare time there and all my spare cash!

Edited by hiesteem

Brighton cassette and hifi was at the bottom of trafalgar street, which meets London road. It was a great little shop, with a sofa and every saturday the usual suspects would be sitting there talking about equipment.
It was back in the 70's and 80's when it was difficult to get certain dealerships.
Jeffries was down the road and so he would stock Exposure instead of Naim and Revolver instead of Rega.
He had some great equipment, there would always be a Linn sondek with it's latest cartridge, either Karma or troika playing. Bought my Cambridge A&R 60 from there.
I spent most of my spare time there and all my spare cash!
Ah yes... Jeffries is now part of Audio-T. Bought my Rogers ls3/5a's there s/h mid 80's.
Never changed my hifi much till recently... Grew up in Rottingdean and bought my DD40 deck in 78 from CAS Music opposite the White Horse only stopped using it in Feb.

• Like 1

Lovely village, Rottingdean. In fact Sussex is a beautiful county and has had some great Hifi shops over the years.