Anyone recognise these 1990's interconnects?

Junaman

Found these recently and have no clue what they are (no writing or identifiers on cable).  I think I had them in my system in the mid-1990s and suspect they would have been a What Hifi award winner or 5 star product as that was my benchmark then - simpler days!

Anyone out there recognise them?

IMG-0243.jpg

I think they're the highly praised (by WHF at the time) Tandy interconnects. Still got two pairs myself. They were very cheap- £6-10 pair?

• Like 2

I think they're the highly praised (by WHF at the time) Tandy interconnects. Still got two pairs myself. They were very cheap- £6-10 pair?
Yep, Tandy Gold Patch, I believe but memory can play tricks

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I remember the recommendation and had them on my original Trio pre & power amp system in 1988

Thanks for all the responses.  

My first system was in 1989 - Pioneer A400, Linn Axis, pair of Rega ELA, then I bought a Rotel RCD 855.  Suspect this was my first system upgrade, must have replaced the freebie Rotel interconnects with these.  

If only I had stopped there - I’d now be driving my Lamborghini round my own Caribbean island!🥲

• Haha 4

Definitely Radio Shack or Tandy. I use a pair still in my system. Good quality coax cable, well screened. Not like modern day cables with little or no braid/screen and copper, not plated steel. 

8 minutes ago, Gray said:

'Gold' patch?

Bit of an ironic name wasn't it?

(Someone's going to tell me gold plugs weren't so popular in those days).

And... I have a pair with gold plugs. Exactly the same as the picture above, but a different colour. At least, I say 'gold', but it may be brass. Not copper though.

Actually, I had a pair. What I now have is two plugs in the parts pile, as I cut one end off mine to turn it into the captive lead on the GL75. Decent construction, noted when soldering it. I used them originally twixt turntable and SUT for a while, as they were some of the best shielded I had in the collection.