kudos vs pekin fm

Posted (edited)

I know fm is not so popular anymore and I am into streaming yes. However I still like to listen to fm radio, no fuzz, no interuptions, but limited to local stations yes, and in fact mp3 nowadays I know.

I often read very positive opinions on the linn kudos fm. Not so on the linn pekin. I have both and tend to prefer the pekin. For me the pekin is more crisp sounding. However I would like to know what is the general consensus about those two fm tuners judged by other members here on the forum. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Edited by Lorre

As far as I know, the difference isn't that big between them. I used to have a Kudos and was quite happy with it, until I found an Akurate tuner, which is a BIG step up. Then of course, there's the legendary Kremlin, which is probably still the one to beat.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Linn Pekin paired to a ST-2 antenna with brilliant results.  On the local jazz station that spins vinyl over the airwaves it nearly equals having a turntable on the preamp.  On stations that compress the signal - a sad day for FM.

i have never hooked up an AM antenna so cannot offer any input here  

Magnumdynalab ST-2

• 3 weeks later...

I've had both; currently have a Pekin.  Both Kudos and Pekin were good, I have a slight preference for the Pekin.  

The Kremlin - one of the only tuners that could give a Naim NAT01 a run for its money!  Both now unobtainium . . .