Installing The New Organik DAC’s In Katalyst 350’s

7 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

I’m listening to Joni Mitchell’s “Don Juan’s Reckless Daughter” as I write this. I’ve always been impressed by Jaco Pastorious’ bass playing on this album - now, I’m in awe. And I suddenly feel like a better “air drummer” I also find that I’m wanting to listen to the whole album, rather than just the equivalent of the first side.

Listening right now on LP. OMG! When the bass came in, Jaco just took over, in a big way! I only cleaned disc 1, I'll clean disc 2 and listen to the entire album.

But I can hear the Akurate Exakt DSM holding things back. Not really, but as soon as the KSH shows up..........

• Like 1

Yesterday I decided to try out some of what must be the least sophisticated recordings in my collection - Round the Horne Series 2. For those of you unfamiliar with 60s British comedy these shows were recorded in mono by the BBC for radio. Series 2 dates from 1966 and the copies I have are 128bit MP3s.

Yes, even these are more intelligible and nuanced. However, the real surprise came with the musical interludes by the Fraser Hayes Four accompanied by Eddie Braden and the Hornblowers - these were a revelation and could have been recorded last week.

So, if you need a new MP3 player, consider Linn Organik 9_9

‘troll

• Like 3