MCINTOSH, COPLAND, LUXMAN INTEGRATED AMP WANTED

Posted (edited)

sorry i can`t help directly but in my zillion years of hifi i didn`t hear a single Mcintosh integrated i wouldn`t rank somewhere between very good and fantastic, SS and Tube.

my recent favourite was an ma8000, absolute beast but with a realy nicely balanced sound, slightly warm , lots of details,  l can`t imagine any speakers it wouldn`t drive, lots of inputs and a great DAC thrown in, if you do go for one of the top end Mcintosh don`t forget you will need some big buddies to help you move it, they seem to be 100lbs and upwards

good luck, i think you are starting with a great short list of brands, what speakers do you have ?

Edited by stevebrown

Thanks guys, ive recently ordered some kef ref ones , i’d love to get my hands on an ma8000, i love the look of the thing - ive seen how big it is !

my shortlist now also includes a pathos logos mk2, and if i got an audio research tube int with a high power I’d be happy with that

yes and great vfm at around 3k new and exceedingly good by all accounts

On 27/05/2021 at 18:21, ZakTW7 said:

After an integrated hybrid or solid state for my kef ref 1’s

@ZakTW7, I have a boxed Luxman L-509X (their top of the line integrated amp) in excellent condition. Available for £5500. Collection only from SW London.

• Like 1

On 30/05/2021 at 17:51, Fidohead said:

@ZakTW7, I have a boxed Luxman L-509X (their top of the line integrated amp) in excellent condition. Available for £5500. Collection only from SW London.

That is a Steal if I didn't already have the 550ax2 and was trying not to spend