Genesis incredible restored footage .

Bazzer

For all you old progger's @bigfool1956 @rabski @Tony_J  et al

• Like 6

Too many poignant memories for me. I saw them around that time. Civic Hall or the Uni building in Guildford IIRC. Seems hard to believe that it's not far off 50 years ago.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Super Wammer

I saw them five times around this time, four times at the Croydon Greyhound and once at the Dome in Brighton. I haven't seen them since. I was lucky enough to see them performing Twilight Alehouse and also the 'lost' song The Light. This song was the basis for Lillywhite Lilleth on The Lamb, not that I really remember having only heard it once.

Good times when I could afford to go to gigs :D 

Posted (edited)

Only time I saw them live was at the reunion gig in the Milton Keynes bowl - a short walk from where I was living at the time. An excellent gig, despite the fact that it pissed down torrentially all afternoon. A couple of gents near to where we were standing came in shirt sleeves and brought a wine box each, which they managed to get on the outside of in fairly short order. For some reason they didn't seem to be feeling any pain...:dunno:

Edited by Tony_J

7 minutes ago, bigfool1956 said:

Good times when I could afford to go to gigs :D 

Good times when gigs and venues were plentiful and relatively cheap.

Living in norf lundin, we had all the pubs around Barnet and Finchley, where a lot of upcoming bands played. Finsbury Park Rainbow, The Roundhouse, upstairs at Ronnie's and many more. Travel to the home counties and there were countless others. It was usually a case of which one to go to, rather than whether there was anything on.

I can remember plenty of times seeing two or three 'super groups' in a week, but those were the days when even the big names wouldn't hesitate to go and play a smaller venue.

• Like 1

Terrific. I saw them at Newcastle City Hall that year. As it was before the internet and online ticketing I and hundreds of other people queued all night for tickets 😀. Saw them 5 times subsequently and what was supposed to be the final tour at Old Trafford in 2007.

The upcoming tour doesn’t seem to have sold well, it looks very expensive and frankly the prospect of Collins performing from a chair filled me with dread - I just didn’t want to destroy my memories of some glorious gigs a great performances.

1 hour ago, Tony_J said:

Only time I saw them live was at the reunion gig in the Milton Keynes bowl - a short walk from where I was living at the time. An excellent gig, despite the fact that it pissed down torrentially all afternoon. A couple of gents near to where we were standing came in shirt sleeves and brought a wine box each, which they managed to get on the outside of in fairly short order. For some reason they didn't seem to be feeling any pain...:dunno:

Must have been October 1982:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_of_the_Best

11 minutes ago, Tony_J said:

Must have been October 1982:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_of_the_Best

Yep, I was on the way back from Canada and sat across the aisle were the competition winners for a free trip to the gig with a top FM jock. I heard all but one of the questions on the wireless for the comp and got them all right. The comp was a fix and the owners and workers from record shops in Toronto were the winners before the comp was even broadcast. The jock gave me a ticket and invited me to the gig and after show party in Ladbroke Grove. Unfortunately I had to get off the plane in Manchester whereas they continued to London.

4 hours ago, Bazzer said:

For all you old progger's @bigfool1956 @rabski @Tony_J  et al

Wonderful stuff, thanks for sharing. What a great frontman Gabriel was. Unfortunately, I didn't get into Genesis until after he left. Only saw them once, headlining at Knebworth, circa '76. I do enjoy watching Gabriel fronting them.

• Like 1