bubble ds and bubble upnp

As a linnie I use Kazoo with Minimserver since years.

Now recently I acquiered an Arcam cds27 for a secundary system.  I am happy with the sound quality, connected to linn wakonda and lk240 amps.

Now I was a bit unhappy with some technical issues. The usb input seems to support only fat32 formatted devices, and the streaming fuctions where crap. No gapless playback through the Musiclife app (with Minimserver), and also the navigation on the cds27 itself was crap.

Now I installed bubbleds and minimserver as usual on the mac mini as server with a usb disk connected.

Via bubble upnp I am now able to acces my library via Minim , and have acces to internet radio as well. Also it is playing gapless, So I 'll take a licence on Bubble upnp for sure.

But what I don't understand, what is just the difference between bubble ds and bubble upnp ?

6 minutes ago, Lorre said:

what is just the difference between bubble ds and bubble upnp ?

BubbleDS supports Linn's open home protocol (extensions to upnp), BubbleUpnp doesn't. The latter therefore supports a lot more devices, but not the extra open home features Linn and a small number of other manufactures use. 

2 minutes ago, Solanum said:

BubbleDS supports Linn's open home protocol (extensions to upnp), BubbleUpnp doesn't. The latter therefore supports a lot more devices, but not the extra open home features Linn and a small number of other manufactures use. 

So, in combination with arcam, bubble upnp is the right choice ? thanks for your reply

• Upvote 1