Jump to content

Excellent Review of the New Majik DSM In HiFiPlus This Month


Recommended Posts

Eldarboy sent me a link to this excellent review of the new Majik DSM. Enjoy

http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/linn-majik-dsm-network-music-player-1/

One of the things that interested me was mention of the setup videos from Linn

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I liked the review, what stood out to me is the reviewer's choice of music. Definitely off the beaten path for the typical audio reviewer. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks Elad

It is a review that really sports the accolades of the new Majik DSM and very complimentary to Linn 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have the older Majik DSM which I use with some Eclipse TD510 speakers in the bedroom. That sounds very good to me so if the new Majik DSM sounds better still then I share the reviewer’s enthusiasm. Moreover, he wins me over by playing not Dire Straits, the staple diet of most reviewers, but recordings I have in my own music collection by Captain Beefheart and Stereolab: my hope is he went on to play some Current 93 and Nurse with Wound or Scott Walker’s masterpiece Tilt. Albums you never hear at hifi shows. 

it reminds me of an incident at a wedding reception, where inexplicably for reasons unfathomable, but to me wholly admirable, the DJ played us some Tallis. He yanked off The Corrs in disgust and announced Thomas Tallis Lamentations of Jeremiah. Across an empty dancefloor I walked to commend him and also enquire if he had any Dowland. 

Yes it is good review and the new Majik DSM looks to be an excellent addition to Linn’s product portfolio. 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 03/06/2021 at 19:44, Nestor Turton said:

the DJ played us some Tallis. He yanked off The Corrs in disgust and announced Thomas Tallis Lamentations of Jeremiah. 

My kind of wedding😎🥳🥳

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 03/06/2021 at 15:24, Paulssurround said:

Eldarboy sent me a link to this excellent review of the new Majik DSM. Enjoy

http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/linn-majik-dsm-network-music-player-1/

One of the things that interested me was mention of the setup videos from Linn

A decent review which at least puts the majik dsm up front and centre. I'm six months into ownership with my own 2020 majik dsm and still very happy with it. This segment is increasingly becoming very crowded with the likes of Nad, Naim, Cambridge Audio etc producing similar products within relatively the same  scope of a price point and although the competitors may have a few nicer features such as album art etc, It's good to see that this review centered on the core attribute, the sound signature.

video set up .. oops I must have missed that part , I just took it out the box, plugged it in and worked it out from there. I did wonder why there was a lack of a instruction manual in the box, being a male that probably would have been 'forgotten about' until I finished the set up anyway.:doh:

Edited by d88
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, d88 said:

video set up .. oops I must have missed that part , I just took it out the box, plugged it in and worked it out from there. I did wonder why there was a lack of a instruction manual in the box, being a male that probably would have been 'forgotten about' until I finished the set up anyway.

Never heard of the setup videos either:D
OK, a brief Google search reveals 136(!) videos published by Linn: https://vimeo.com/linnmusic

But this is for the young digital natives, my only source of information about Linn is and will remain this forum....
 


 

Edited by JensA
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...