Grounding wire for Systemdek turntable

hiesteem

I would like to know if the extra grounding wire,  attached to a Systemdek turntable, I am considering will be an issue, given I don't think I have anywhere to put it on my amp?

16 minutes ago, hiesteem said:

I would like to know if the extra grounding wire,  attached to a Systemdek turntable, I am considering will be an issue, given I don't think I have anywhere to put it on my amp?

What tonearm will you be using?

• Like 1

You only need to attach the ground wire if your having an issue with humming/buzzing. Sometimes just by attaching it to a component can cause humming/buzzing.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hiesteem said:

I believe it's a rewired rb250. It's on ebay currently.

Ok, if it’s rewired, it will have a separate ground wire on the arm. Original Rega arms were grounded via the phono cables. If it doesn’t have a separate wire, it’s likely why there is a ground wire on the deck or it had a different arm on it in before. I wouldn’t worry, if you do buy it, connect it up and see.

• Like 1

Which Systemdek is it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, radiant red said:

Ok, if it’s rewired, it will have a separate ground wire on the arm. Original Rega arms were grounded via the phono cables. If it doesn’t have a separate wire, it’s likely why there is a ground wire on the deck or it had a different arm on it in before. I wouldn’t worry, if you do buy it, connect it up and see.

Yes, I understand they use grounding wires to reduce hum, which is ok as long as having a piece of wire hanging out the back of the turntable doesn't cause me other more serious problems.

2 minutes ago, radiant red said:

Which Systemdek is it?

It's systemdek 11X, but it seems well upgaded and in very good condition . He is asking£400 for it. Comes with Goldring 1012.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hiesteem said:

Yes, I understand they use grounding wires to reduce hum, which is ok as long as having a piece of wire hanging out the back of the turntable doesn't cause me other more serious problems.

It's systemdek 11X, but it seems well upgaded and in very good condition . He is asking£400 for it. Comes with Goldring 1012.

Here is one I’ve recently done… I’ll do a swap with your Restek Concret CDP 😂

86FF13B6-D64B-4AEF-BFF1-A4C2EED244EA.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, radiant red said:

Here is one I’ve recently done… I’ll do a swap with your Restek Concret CDP 😂

86FF13B6-D64B-4AEF-BFF1-A4C2EED244EA.jpeg

Nice looking table, they do seem to sound very good and a well sorted one is very desirable.  Joined at the hip with the Concret unfortunitely!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hiesteem said:

Nice looking table, they do seem to sound very good and a well sorted one is very desirable.  Joined at the hip with the Concret unfortunitely!!

Yes, I knew you would say that lol. Been looking for one for a while.

during lockdown, I went a bit barmy and purchased four Systemdek’s and a few others to do up or modify. I have plenty to do on a rainy day lol. 

You can’t go wrong with a Systemdek as long as it’s set up right. Way ahead of a Rega P3 especially in the bass. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, radiant red said:

Yes, I knew you would say that lol. Been looking for one for a while.

during lockdown, I went a bit barmy and purchased four Systemdek’s and a few others to do up or modify. I have plenty to do on a rainy day lol. 

You can’t go wrong with a Systemdek as long as it’s set up right. Way ahead of a Rega P3 especially in the bass. 

Ha, Ha, 4 of them! that  is some project. Yes totally agree, as you say a well set up Systemdek can give a nicely projected and clean presentation if my memory serves me. 

The Concret does come up on ebay occasionally, especially on the german sites, which are well respected sellers in general. The original Wolfson burr brown Dac, was VERY powerful in the bass! but a bit edgy in the treble, but great fun to listen to. 

Restek replace and service components in the Concret as they do a lot of their amps as well, so you're fairly safe if the need arises, although my concret never let me down in 20 years, I just wanted to upgrade the internals. 

• Like 1