Foo alert

toprepairman

And again.....

Why is this foo?

Have you tried it?

If you have then please write a review.

I'm fed up with this constant bashing of  product that members have clearly never tried in their systems.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Contact enhancer? Been around in one guise or another for years. I seem to recall that there was a spate of over enthusiastic applications to all kinds of parts, causing shorts and costly damage to amps, players, etc.

Loads out there to choose from. This one does seem a tad costly, but it's a free world and we're all able to make our own decisions on the value judgement.

Edited by simon g
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Fullrange said:

And again.....

Why is this foo?

Have you tried it?

I'm fed up with this constant bashing of  product that members have clearly never tried in their systems.

Can you or the supplier provide any plausible mechanisms that could account for the claimed abilities of this product beyond the placebo effect? 

I am fed up with wild unsubstantiated claims.

Regards Andrew 

• Like 8
  • Upvote 6

1 minute ago, andrew s said:

Can you or the supplier provide any plausible mechanisms that could account for the claimed abilities of this product beyond the placebo effect? 

I am fed up with wild unsubstantiated claims.

Regards Andrew 

+1 👍

Posted (edited)

I clicked on the link twice and it went from £499.17 to £599.00!

21890129_Screenshot_20210606-105138_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.e0facd3a7f9e776c9f0d8660eaea1be7.jpg1123153628_Screenshot_20210606-105127_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.8e9e996a047f5f94dd97b7a10b039bc3.jpg

Regards Andrew 

Edited by andrew s
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Fullrange said:

And again.....

Why is this foo?

Have you tried it?

Speaking as a strictly non betting person, I would wager that this "product" does the square root of f*** all. As a simple contact cleaner to clean up tarnished & dirty connectors then sure why not, my issue is with the total garbage spouted about what it can do & the frankly obscene prices companies tend to charge for the "privilege".

It is nothing new, & there are many more products that fall in this category, & by "this category" I mean something created purely to rip off the end user. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

There are a range of tweak products. As always, some work, work well and are sold at reasonable prices. Others are not and as always care is needed by the buyer. You can look at what it does, read the web page and make a judgement, but try to do it with an open mind. If it does not appeal, do not buy.

And if you want, try it out, most allow home trials and then you will know if it makes a difference and whether you are prepared to pay for it. If not, send it back and chalk it up to experience. It should only cost you some postage. If you think it offends, do not bother.

What would be great if you then come on to forums and let the world know your experiences so they can benefit from what you found.

I am not sure why people get evangelical against them. We are, mainly, intelligent adults and know what we like or do not like. Getting harangued by someone never persuades.

In this case, no thanks. I can get 10 Puritan cables for that price and I have a contact cleaner, but that is my personal choice. And some are quite funny like stones and phone calls and others do make a difference.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

I share your frustration. Sort of. I wearied of the erudite wisdom of those who felt they could be confident of the effect funk firms houdini would have on their and others systems without having to disturb their serenity with the bother of actually listening to the bloody thing. 

So why am I troubled by your comment and happy to dismiss this product as evidence that the world is full of stupid people (I'm pleased to see my phone now predicts that phrase)? 

Nobody so far in this discussion has tried it and reported it's benefits first hand 

Related to this - there is no free trial offer to enable people to try risk free 

There is no explanation of how it works. Rather a hyperbolic claim that is impossible to support scientifically. 

But probably because even though parkinson's disease impairs olfaction, it turns out I can still smell bullshit 

Edited by Pinkie
  • Like 2

And again.....

Why is this foo?

Have you tried it?

Mostly I give the square root of f-all about any product unless I'm either reviewing it or thinking of buying it. I certainly don't get particularly agitated or self-righteous about any of it.

On the other hand, I don't need to spend £500 on a nail-varnish sized bottle of contact enhancer to recognise utter bullshit when I see it. Especially when half the description seems to have been written either by a child or by someone who was under the influence of something at the time.

Anyway, you need to be careful with it, because it is highly conducive :rofl:

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, rabski said:

Mostly I give the square root of f-all about any product unless I'm either reviewing it or thinking of buying it. I certainly don't get particularly agitated or self-righteous about any of it.

On the other hand, I don't need to spend £500 on a nail-varnish sized bottle of contact enhancer to recognise utter bullshit when I see it. Especially when half the description seems to have been written either by a child or by someone who was under the influence of something at the time.

Anyway, you need to be careful with it, because it is highly conducive :rofl:

I totally agree. It is totally foo, the price and description say it all..... But...

My comments where not about the product but the growing membership who just dismiss anything that does not fit into their narrow field. 

When I look at their membership profile they have usually not filled in their system profile and have made very few posts. Seems like trolling again.

I understand it is very hard to have a forum that suits all members.

I want to be open minded about new product discoveries not have them discarded by members who just slag a product down to get a reaction. TROLLING.

That includes me.... Look I'm now replying instead of walking away, again.

• Like 1

And if you have a small system then 1.5ml can be yours for £349.......

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Fullrange said:

I want to be open minded about new product discoveries not have them discarded by members who just slag a product down to get a reaction. 

What stops you being open minded irrespective of the comments of others?

Regards Andrew 

• Like 1