Audio note an-k/lx

tackleberry

Looking for some feedback on these speakers I've recently purchased.

There seems to be very little about them on the internet??

Read those bud,👍

With their history, I expected to find more is all, mods, list of changes throughout production etc..

There is a fair bit to be found on the Snell type K which of course where the forerunner before Audionote bought out the licence to produce them. Would certainly give you a good sense of their history.

11 hours ago, tackleberry said:

Looking for some feedback on these speakers I've recently purchased.

There seems to be very little about them on the internet??

What do you think of them?

• Like 1

Lovely. Though I don’t think the positioning is quite as simple as commonly mentioned, especially in my cellar. 

https://www.dagogo.com/audio-note-uk-k-spe-speaker-review/

There's also an enormous amount of info on AN generally on the Steve Hoffman forums, and you'll certainly find stuff relating to the AN-ks. 

I’ve been told by two separate sources that the earlier iterations are not as good as the newer. Does this apply to snell/early AN? Is this tosh??

• Like 1

I'm the original owner of this pair, or to put it another way, the idiot that sold them. I subsequently purchased AN-J's, much more body to the sound but found the bass to be too prominent in my room. Both very fine speakers though. I am presently listening to the AX-2's. My eyes tell me that I have gone down the ladder but my ears disagree, that's how good the little blighters are. Overall I would go for the AN-K's as being ideal. All very nice though and I would put them in the BBC sound camp, which is a very comfortable place to be. Enjoy.

Personal view is they are inspired by (or copies of) Snell .. like all things speakers are a personal taste. 

Check the Snell range .. find the similar model and check the reviews.  They are "good" loudspeakers with lots going for them to the right listener.  At the end of the day if your ears love them then job done.  I gave up reading reviews of a product after I had bought it - there was no need to read them as my ears were happy.

Absolutely. I wouldn’t trust a ‘review’ per se. Magazine or gainful editor. More interested in real world wam or the like review. 

I have had the E, Z and X at home on demo and heard Js at a dealer.  Seriously wonderful speakers to my ears. The X I bought but I couldn’t get the Es to work in my room. The Z sounded very musical but boxy and I out that down to the chipboard cabinet and so that may possibly apply to other early AN Ds and Snell?

ANs are one of the only speakers that I can listen to loud for hours without fatigue. They all are very musical and connected with me well on a musical level. 

Audio Note changed how the build cabinets in the past few years and these are meant to sound better but I haven’t done the comparison. 

If these don’t work out for you I would be interested in buying them.

They sound great, have just taken a little more time setting up is all. As mentioned earlier, a speaker that can be listened to without you getting tired of them. And one of only 2-3 speakers I’ve ever heard at a show and thought “ooh that’s nice!” 

the model I have is apparently 2013, and ply cabs.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bourney said:

Best speakers I've owned. I mean that. 

And you’ve owned a few! 😎