My last pair of speakers

Aristillus

Please ignore this post!

Edited by Aristillus

The problem is sticking to your conviction.. Hope you’ve done lots of listening and comparisons . Could be a 20 Year marriage and we know how they sometimes end .

I brought my forever speakers for my main system 4 years ago , so far it’s been a lovely honeymoon and we are very happy , We hope to age together gracefully 

kindest regards Julian

Famous last words!  :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nopiano said:

Famous last words!  :)

Ha ha.I am 62 now and having less and less resources to spend on such things so this is a very special purchase. However, they will be tweaked for my own needs.

1 hour ago, bigrod said:

The problem is sticking to your conviction.. Hope you’ve done lots of listening and comparisons . Could be a 20 Year marriage and we know how they sometimes end .

I brought my forever speakers for my main system 4 years ago , so far it’s been a lovely honeymoon and we are very happy , We hope to age together gracefully 

kindest regards Julian

A very good analogy. The speakers i am getting have a little flexibility in their design so i can tweak them for my own delectation unlike a wife ha ha. 

21 minutes ago, Aristillus said:

Ha ha.I am 62 now and having less and less resources to spend on such things so this is a very special purchase. However, they will be tweaked for my own needs.

I was about your age when I bought my ATCs, but that hasn’t stopped me lusting after the Active version!  Anyway, I’m looking forward to your choice, and am assuming it won’t be a Sonus faber as I recall you didn’t enjoy the Chameleons.  

Edited by Nopiano
Typo

Got mine 19 years ago now and the love affair continues - especially as the ones I would replace them with (if I had the money) cost over £38k :bouncey:

9 hours ago, bigrod said:

kindest regards Julian

Same here, I think the key to a good system is to pile as much £££ into the speakers. Can't see myself ever selling mine.

11 hours ago, Aristillus said:

Well, i placed an order a few weeks back for what is likely to be my very last pair of speakers. The time to enjoy my music with a more constant as opposed to a more transient passion has come to bare. I hope to take delivery of my new speakers in the coming weeks. Want to know what they are? Watch this space.

We will need a hint about your speaker budget and whether you’re looking at stand mount or floor standers.  Looking at your current equipment list, I doubt you will be choosing the same speakers that I've recently bought - also hopefully my last ever speaker purchase!  I suspect it may be a conventional box speaker, rather than horns or electrostatics, but that’s as far as I’m going!  Whatever you chose, I hope you arranged a home trial first and they sound as good as you are expecting.  Peter

45 minutes ago, Psilonaught said:

Same here, I think the key to a good system is to pile as much £££ into the speakers. Can't see myself ever selling mine.

This.  I want to get the Revel Studio 2 or the younger brother Performa F228Be.

11 hours ago, Nopiano said:

I was about your age when I bought my ATCs, but that hasn’t stopped me lusting after the Active version!  Anyway, I’m looking forward to your choice, and am assuming it won’t be a Sonus faber as I recall you didn’t enjoy the Chameleons.  

Indeed, they won't ne Sonus Faber. Especially Chameleons which i felt were sh1t.

Acoustic Solutions?

• Like 2