Evening All

At the moment LP12 is on an IKEA coffee table with rest of kit on a Soundstyle rack. I’m reducing number of boxes so going for a lower wider rack to accommodate LP12, Lingo, SDSM and Qnap NAS. Plan is LP12 and  SDSM on top shelf Lingo and NAS on bottom. How is important is the gap I need to leave between the LP12 and SDSM? or is not going to matter? I’d like the width of the rack to be as small as possible.

Not exactly sure, but having there LP12 on the right side would create greater distance between the cartridge and the electronics of the SDSM.

Edited by akamatsu

4 minutes ago, akamatsu said:

Not exactly sure, but having there LP12 on the right side would create greater distance between the cartridge and the electronics of the SDSM.

That was the plan, thinking the only thing the SDSM could  have an effect on would be the cartridge?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Lincoln Tyke said:

That was the plan, thinking the only thing the SDSM could  have an effect on would be the cartridge?

I think you will be okay with your proposed setup. I can't imagine things being that sensitive.

Edit: I just measured and my cartridge is 58 cm from the DSM and Radikal near edges of boxes. There is no problem with that distance. Also, there is a Urika II under the top plate. Proceed with confidence.

Edited by akamatsu
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, akamatsu said:

I think you will be okay with your proposed setup. I can't imagine things being that sensitive.

Edit: I just measured and my cartridge is 58 cm from the DSM and Radikal near edges of boxes. There is no problem with that distance. Also, there is a Urika II under the top plate. Proceed with confidence.

Didn't want to order a very wide rack to create space between boxes as that would defeat the point of reducing boxes and downsizing, so that advice is good news. Ordered amp cartridges and power supply for SDSM, 4 to 6 weeks lead time, and the rack is being ordered tomorrow that's a 10 week lead time so patience required.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Lincoln Tyke said:

Didn't want to order a very wide rack to create space between boxes as that would defeat the point of reducing boxes and downsizing, so that advice is good news. Ordered amp cartridges and power supply for SDSM, 4 to 6 weeks lead time, and the rack is being ordered tomorrow that's a 10 week lead time so patience required.

Which rack did you order?

1 hour ago, Tendaberry said:

Which rack did you order?

Hi Fi Racks Ltd Podium Slimline, 2 shelves https://www.hifiracks.co.uk/collections/all Made to size so I've ordered one wide enough to leave a bit of a gap between the LP12 and SDSM. Will take up less room than current Soundstyle Rack and IKEA side table. 10 week wait unfortunately, so I'll have my upgrade and loose my LK85's before I get it, patience required. So top shelf will be SDSM and LP12, bottom shelf Lingo 3 and Qnap NAS. In two minds weather to put my Genki on the bottom as well in case I have any network disasters and dig out CD's again, or sell it?

• Like 1