Exakt only Akurate DSM/HUB versions.

Hi folks

I’m looking to move the front end of my Exakt system from Majik to Akurate. Looking at the options there are three boxes.

AEDSM/0 HDMI 1.4 (2014)

AEDSM/1 HDMI 2.O (2016)

ASH HDMI 2.0 (2018)

I have been offered a AEDSM/0 with the HDMI 2.0 upgrade. With this upgrade in place, is this any different from the AEDSM/1 and ASH?

No, officially no difference.

However, some say that the new circuit boards which were a result of machinery upgrades in the factory in late 2018 may improve the way it sounds - Linn say no change.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sunbeamgls said:

No, officially no difference.

However, some say that the new circuit boards which were a result of machinery upgrades in the factory in late 2018 may improve the way it sounds - Linn say no change.

A few of the guys I know upgraded their 2016 Klimax Hub to a 2018 Klimax Hub, and say there was a nice improvements in sound quality. They were sold the 2018 variant, because it was supposed to be an upgrade in sound quality.

That is probably the case for the Akurate 2018 variant as well

‘I own the AEDSM/0 2014 variant, and sound quality is excellent 

If you do buy the AEDSM/0 with the HDMI 2.0 board, and don’t need the HDMI 2.0 board,  I may be interested to buy it.  😊

Edited by Paulssurround

If Paul doesn't want the board I'll return my AEDSM 1.4 board to you and pay $ for your 2.0, so you are not boardless. 

Hi gents.

Thanks for the offers  

However, part of the reason for the planned upgrade is to gain HDMI 2.0 and Akurate level source.

My MDSM is only HDMI 1.3 and I presently have it outside my video cabin. The HDMI 2 upgrade will allow my at access Apple Music through my Apple TV 4K.

Thanks for your input. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rich9600 said:

Hi gents.

Thanks for the offers  

However, part of the reason for the planned upgrade is to gain HDMI 2.0 and Akurate level source.

My MDSM is only HDMI 1.3 and I presently have it outside my video cabin. The HDMI 2 upgrade will allow my at access Apple Music through my Apple TV 4K.

Thanks for your input. 

Well, at least we tried.  ☺️

‘You are going to love the new Akurate, which ever one you choose

Edited by Paulssurround

10 hours ago, Paulssurround said:

If you do buy the AEDSM/0 with the HDMI 2.0 board, and don’t need the HDMI 2.0 board,  I may be interested to buy it.  😊

1 hour ago, Jail4CEOs2 said:

If Paul doesn't want the board I'll return my AEDSM 1.4 board to you and pay $ for your 2.0, so you are not boardless. 

I believe these HDMI 2.0 boards are available from the dealers. They would probably even install it for you. :)

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, akamatsu said:

I believe these HDMI 2.0 boards are available from the dealers. They would probably even install it for you. :)

Yes they are, but I am at a transitional state, deciding whether to get an HDMI 2.0 board, or just wait until I get a Klimax Hub which already has it installed  😊

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paulssurround said:

Yes they are, but I am at a transitional state, deciding whether to get an HDMI 2.0 board, or just wait until I get a Klimax Hub which already has it installed  😊

I believe the Klimax System Hub is also available from the dealer and can be ordered today! :)

Not everyone has a golden goose in the basement. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I can’t find mine anymore. 😉

• Like 1

21 hours ago, akamatsu said:

I'm located in the bottom of the food chain, well below dealers, but I perform a useful function in the chain's overall upgrade system. 

Today I spent the whole afternoon on Zoom with the buyer of my 6100D walking him through the activation of his 140's, including kardz in his MDSM. As complicated as it gets in our world methinks. Intimidated, he spent a whole year quad passive (OMG!!), with the kardz sitting on the shelf. A bit of bullying, and then some hand holding, and now he's extremely happy. 

• Like 4

Thank you all for your input.

I’m picking up the HDMI2 upgraded DSM/0 from my dealer on Monday. :)

Trading in my conservatory Sneaky DSM and LK85 and moving my MDSM/2 into the conservatory. So, double upgrade day on Monday. :)

• Like 2

Well, it is all set up in both rooms and sounds great.

The AEDSM/0 was upgraded to full AEDSM/1 with Linn Stickers and everything. For a digital only box I didn’t expect much. But, it just adds more to everything I had already got from the Exaktbox 10/1.

I am amazed at just how the M140’s have evolved from my beginnings using my MDSM/2 as in integrated 1 box solution with SO1. Now, with these Akurate boxes I have all the detail, and more, and get a lovely tonal balance with the type of bass I always thought the M140’s should deliver.

After reading @Jail4CEOs2 post about his swap from MDSM/2 to AEDSM as an Exakt source giving a fatiguing sound I am very relieved with the rich more relaxing sound I have achieved. @Jail4CEOs2, maybe review your physical setup and SO settings. My 2k array is meant to be more fatiguing than your 3k array.

Following on from my recollections of my MDSM/2 driving my M140’s I was a bit concerned about using it to replace the Sneaky DSM - LK85 combination in my conservatory. However, this not an issue. The SO2 equalised tone here with the 2k Array equipped Komponent 110’s is better than I recall from the SO1 equalised M140’s. I’m not sure if this is mostly SO2 or the smaller drivers of the Komponent 110’s being easier to drive.

All in all, a really good upgrade to both systems. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Rich9600 said:

The AEDSM/0 was upgraded to full AEDSM/1 with Linn Stickers and everything. For a digital only box I didn’t expect much. But, it just adds more to everything I had already got from the Exaktbox 10/1.

I am amazed at just how the M140’s have evolved from my beginnings using my MDSM/2 as in integrated 1 box solution with SO1. Now, with these Akurate boxes I have all the detail, and more, and get a lovely tonal balance with the type of bass I always thought the M140’s should deliver.

After reading @Jail4CEOs2 post about his swap from MDSM/2 to AEDSM as an Exakt source giving a fatiguing sound I am very relieved with the rich more relaxing sound I have achieved. @Jail4CEOs2, maybe review your physical setup and SO settings. My 2k array is meant to be more fatiguing than your 3k array.

Following on from my recollections of my MDSM/2 driving my M140’s I was a bit concerned about using it to replace the Sneaky DSM - LK85 combination in my conservatory. However, this not an issue. The SO2 equalised tone here with the 2k Array equipped Komponent 110’s is better than I recall from the SO1 equalised M140’s. I’m not sure if this is mostly SO2 or the smaller drivers of the Komponent 110’s being easier to drive.

I don't want to imply it's all bad. Sometimes it's spectacular in the exact way you describe. I did a heavy session in the middle to high seventies, and all that was good, but after a while it just was begging me to turn it down. As I've said, I've gotta put the Ninkas on and see what they do....then the 104's for the 2K experience!

Edited by Jail4CEOs2

22 hours ago, Rich9600 said:

I'd be interested in hearing your comparison between the 140's, and the 110's out of the same Exakt setup!