2021/2022 Premier League Football Season

bencat

10 hours ago, bencat said:

Can I come out from behind the couch now ? Liverpool were brilliant for ten minutes awful for most of the rest of the game and very lucky . As Klopp said when you win ugly it almost matters more .

City on the other hand were very good and could have won by more . Strange that despite the differences in quality of both games they both earn the same points .

I think everyone will need to duck for the home game against Athletic as it could be very naughty indeed.

But are Bruges anything like the level of Athletic? I only saw the goals but they did not look good. City nearly always can score more goals, they create many chances but often don't score. As in the game against Liverpool in the first half, they should have been a few goals up at halftime. 

25 minutes ago, Bazzer said:

What about '66 ?

I don’t remember the FA Cup final maybe I was still a red 😳 , but I do remember the World Cup final .

4 minutes ago, lower bullens said:

I don’t remember the FA Cup final maybe I was still a red 😳 , but I do remember the World Cup final .

I was a full on Everton fan by '66 , about a week before my 10th ( error in the '68 post ) , I remember the game clearly , watched it with my friend at my house , 2-0 down and both feeling pretty rubbish , each time Everton scored we'd run out in to the garden screaming and our dog would bite my mate each time , it hurt him a lot but we couldn't stop laughing 🤣

• Haha 1

Super Wammer
2 hours ago, StingRay said:

But are Bruges anything like the level of Athletic? I only saw the goals but they did not look good. City nearly always can score more goals, they create many chances but often don't score. As in the game against Liverpool in the first half, they should have been a few goals up at halftime. 

I think they are a better team than City let them appear . They have had some good results in the other games . Truth is City can do this to almost any team if you let them they are a very good side . Liverpool were not great for much of this game despite having a very high percentage of the possession . Our defensive issues and Virgil's frailties as he recovers were there for all to see . I do agree if they had just kept up the attacking they did in the first five minutes they could have scored more but being Liverpool we did not . The sending off took the momentum away from Athletic and was pivotal for the win . As Klopp said in two weeks we do it all again and neither he nor I am looking forward to it , I think it could very tasty and physical if things are not going Athletics way .

Wonder how Simione is going to manage with the much smaller technical area at Anfield ? he was constanlty out of the area in Madrid and there area was pretty generous .

Super Wammer
28 minutes ago, DIB said:

Talking about coming back from 0-2 down to win 3-2 :D

It was a big game for them with massive implications if they lost. They did the job didnt they, & will be expected to. Ronaldos stay might be considered  a failure if they dont have a good cup run.

12 minutes ago, garn63 said:

It was a big game for them with massive implications if they lost. They did the job didnt they, & will be expected to. Ronaldos stay might be considered  a failure if they dont have a good cup run.

But that defence , good god!

Next up Liverpool :nerves:

Super Wammer
54 minutes ago, DIB said:

We have a couple of lads (Hause & Tuanzebe) who make the odd mistake because they are learning. I dont think Utd can afford to play these type of players because they have higher aspirations. In time I think we will have 2 very good defenders. Glad weve got them in the squad.

Super Wammer
2 hours ago, DIB said:

Agree your defence should be worried but going on what we showed on Tuesday your attack line should have field day . This may well be a who scores the most match . Decided that this is not a game to be watched at home so off to Pogues on Sunday after a nice meal in Bold Street . Real quality Guinness all the way so even if we lose it will be softened.

A large Redbreast if we win but just the standard not the 20 year old .

Edited by bencat
  • Like 1

Super Wammer

Good luck Colin. It's always an entertaining game when we play each other.  UTV

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, garn63 said:

Good luck Colin.

I know what you mean Mark but :whistle:

• Haha 1

Super Wammer

Half time at the Emirates.  🙄   😬  😲   🤢  😫  🙈  🆘   

Dean will lose his job if he doesnt give up on this system.     :whistle:             UTV.

Edited by garn63

Super Wammer
13 minutes ago, Devil said:

Well done Arsenal, I thought Villa were shit though.

Much better team selection and tactics, and they didn’t fizzle out after scoring.. :oj:

Fixt :)   .......oh and I thoroughly agree.

Edited by garn63

Super Wammer

Sorry just got back to my hotel. Yes a good game, and a well deserved win, but what has happened to Villa, they were dreadful. I had good a seat for the game , almost on the halfway line, top tier 6th row. 

Looking forward to Tuesdays cup game against Leeds now. COYG!

• Like 1