2021/2022 Premier League Football Season

bencat

1 hour ago, bencat said:

UTD say they will employ an Interim manager till the end of the season but they still do not seem to have a clue as to how to set up for a game or what players they should play in most positions. Just at the wrong time Goalie looks like he has developed the jitters again . They are a long way from being close to a top four side and will need huge improvement to get there this season . Whoever they do get will need time to get players in and get rid of some so you can see it being at least two seasons of not more to see the results. Hope the fans have patience.

Maybe it would be better for them to drop a league and rebuild from the championship ūüėČ. Has worked before.

Regards Andrew 

• Like 1

Chelsea are investigating whether it's possible for them to appeal Harry Maguire's sending off. 

They're desperate for him to play against them next week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DIB said:

Well Ole is no longer at the wheel, it's a shame some of our overpaid , under achieving players don't join him.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but he probably stayed 2 1/2 years too long. Damage is done now though, and who ever  comes in has got one hell of a job to sort that sorry mess out. The rapid implosion of this squad has been staggering to watch. God help who ever comes in.

Difficult side to manger. Need someone strong who can control and also motivate them. Can’t believe some of players don’t know how to play. The defence looks slow and clumsy. Maguire has been poor recently. Ole sitting in the stands, not communicating anything to the players, probably did not help. 

41 minutes ago, andrew s said:

Maybe it would be better for them to drop a league and rebuild from the championship ūüėČ. Has worked before.

Regards Andrew 

Or even 2 leagues maybe? It worked for City.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, savvypaul said:

Chelsea are investigating whether it's possible for them to appeal Harry Maguire's sending off. 

They're desperate for him to play against them next week.

That's a good one, akin to bringing back Steve Bruce, not for OGS but Maguire.  

As a Man U fan I'm smiling through gritted teeth¬†ūüôā

• Like 1

• Administrator
Admin

They were progressing the last two seasons. And this year they have gone backwards, with no confidence or idea. And I think it's because of Ronaldo, sapping the confidence of those around him, as he thinks they are not good enough. This is the reason things have been so poor, alongside a manager who wasn't a strong enough character to tell Ronnie to shut his mouth and get on with being a player. Remember Ronnie barking at the players from the touchline when he got subbed a few weeks ago? Would Conte have allowed that? 

3 hours ago, Cambs12 said:

Remember Ronnie barking at the players from the touchline

Next manager :^

1 hour ago, Bazzer said:

Next manager :^

I can well imagine the Glazer's thinking that might be a good idea. However in the very unlikely event that we beat Villareal and Chelsea this coming week then Carrick will probably be offered a 5 year deal.

Super Wammer

One of the main issues for Utd is the next manager has to have enough Kudos and back ground success to be able to front up the egos in the dressing room and as has been said tell them to shut up and remember they are just players and the buck stops with the manager. Sadly at this moment there is none of them about that are not already in work . The betting money is on Zi Zi and Poch , doubt very much either now or in the summer they can get Zi Zi and in my view Poch has no winning legacy that would make these sort of players sit up and listen . Much of what happens is going to depend on who becomes available in the summer and they are not going to be too happy about the lack of time they will have to get players in and get rid of the dead wood as they see it . Not looking too hopeful in my view but I have to admit that as a Liverpool fan my view is very biased .

• Upvote 1

Anyway the sad story that is Everton , the only shining light this season has been Demari Gray , well he lasted 15 mins and looks like he's out for at least a month , add to that Richarlison's suspension and Calvet-Lewin , Dacoure , Mina still crocked get your money on new fly boys Brentford next weekend .

4 minutes ago, Bazzer said:

Anyway the sad story that is Everton , the only shining light this season has been Demari Gray , well he lasted 15 mins and looks like he's out for at least a month , add to that Richarlison's suspension and Calvet-Lewin , Dacoure , Mina still crocked get your money on new fly boys Brentford next weekend .

Cracking strike that second goal that City scored, that’s all I have seen, on the news, of the game. 

1 hour ago, StingRay said:

Cracking strike that second goal that City scored, that’s all I have seen, on the news, of the game. 

Yes what a goal .

It really is a 3 horse race now. The difference in class between them and the rest is as large as the holes in United's defence.  I wouldn't like to say who will come out on top but if I had to stick a quid on someone it would still be Chelsea.

8 minutes ago, DIB said:

It really is a 3 horse race now. The difference in class between them and the rest is as large as the holes in United's defence.  I wouldn't like to say who will come out on top but if I had to stick a quid on someone it would still be Chelsea.

Yes I was thinking that also. Man City had total control of their game, 77% possession, Everton hardly got outside their own half, City should have scored 6. West Ham are the only other side that can challenge but probably don’t have the squad to maintain that. Depends who can put a long run together like City did last season. I agree Chelsea are my favourites at the moment. 

One of my favourite City performances, this season, but Everton were poor. We have a number of players in top form: Rodri, Bernardo, Cancelo, Stones and Walker are all at the top of their game and Rodri and Cancelo provided two moments of utter brilliance to light up the pitch. Great to see Palmer making his first PL start and McAtee, his first PL minutes; these players are very, very talented and that is the only way you can break into this squad. However much success we have, there is no feeling like welcoming two of your own to the field and there is a belief that there are 5 or 6 who have a chance of making it at the club: the two mentioned and Lavia, Mbete, Edozie and Delap all have a shot but it is up to them to be patient and show, when they get a chance, that they cannot be dropped.