2021/2022 Premier League Football Season

bencat

1 hour ago, savvypaul said:

Southend Utd and Morecambe are both called 'The Shrimpers'.

When we play each other, we call it 'El Gambero'.

Which one do you support?

26 minutes ago, StingRay said:

Which one do you support?

Sarfend

• Haha 1

Just now, StingRay said:

Hmmm, I see.

You used to live near there?

Lived there until 2000 ish

Super Wammer

Ray Kennedy has died aged 70 as ex Arsenal and Liverpool player and part of the first Liverpool side to dominate he was a really great player with a wonderful left foot . Watched him many times and was very rarely anything but top class.

My thoughts are with his family and friends .

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

i may spare myself any anguish and not watch the Derby tonight , Everton are an absolute mess of a club , I know form usually goes out of the window in a derby but not this time .

Last nine games form table :

Burnley 1 5 3 -3 8
Man Utd 2 2 5 -9 8
Newcastle 0 5 4 -7 5
Everton 1 2 6 -10 5
  • Sad 1

Super Wammer

Very worrying....are the club communicating with supporters or is there a "disconnect" ?  When the burgers go downhill & you dont recognise match day staff anymore the sh*t has really hit the fan. Organisation & graft Baz & you will turn the corner. We've got City tonight who can destroy the self belief of any team. Hope we put up a good show.  UTV.

• Like 1

Super Wammer
26 minutes ago, Bazzer said:

i may spare myself any anguish and not watch the Derby tonight , Everton are an absolute mess of a club , I know form usually goes out of the window in a derby but not this time .

Last nine games form table :

Burnley 1 5 3 -3 8
Man Utd 2 2 5 -9 8
Newcastle 0 5 4 -7 5
Everton 1 2 6 -10 5

How are you feeling about Rafa Barry ?  Despite his god-like reverence amongst many Newcastle fans there are those who reckon his defensive dull football at Sid James Park was a real turn off and amongst the worst they had experienced. Their hatred of the previous ownership bore most of the brunt but his transfer business and tactical decisions doesn't really stand up to much detailed scrutiny whilst there.

Edited by Sumdumgi

55 minutes ago, Sumdumgi said:

How are you feeling about Rafa Barry ?

I wasn't too bothered about him at first but I don't like his stubbornness, he wont give any of the young guns a chance , week after week they sit on the bench . As for dull football nothing has changed from the last three managers .

Super Wammer
21 hours ago, bencat said:

Ray Kennedy has died aged 70 as ex Arsenal and Liverpool player and part of the first Liverpool side to dominate he was a really great player with a wonderful left foot . Watched him many times and was very rarely anything but top class.

I have fond memories of him in Arsenal's first double year, scoring the goal at White Hart Lane, to clinch the league title, before Charlie George scored the winner at Wembley to secure Arsenal's first double, a wonderful player. 

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, Bazzer said:

I wasn't too bothered about him at first but I don't like his stubbornness, he wont give any of the young guns a chance , week after week they sit on the bench . As for dull football nothing has changed from the last three managers .

Sounds pretty much like when he was at Newcastle. The young kid Broadhead we have on loan from you is a canny prospect mind. Missed a few games due to injury but back now, scored a cracker at the weekend for us. Whether he would be OK in the PL is another matter though but he looks the part in the sh***y league we’re in 😀

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sumdumgi said:

Sounds pretty much like when he was at Newcastle.

I remember Newcastle vs Man City a few years back - Benitez even told the substitutes not to go past the half way line when they were warming up!

• Haha 2

Right that's off the shopping list

• Haha 2

On 30/11/2021 at 16:43, bencat said:

I agree, a top player who should probably have had more England caps than he got. A master stroke by Bob Paisley to convert him from an out and out striker to a left sided midfielder.

Parkinsons is a dreadful disease.  If I'm not mistaken didn't the symptons first appear when he was still playing?

Super Wammer

Villa ok tonight & with the wind blowing in the right direction could of shared the spoils.  It wasnt. City's second deserved being the winner tonight. We will be alright as the season progresses.  UTV.

• Like 1