Why don't you see BlueSound products in more homes?

23 hours ago, Muttoninyourears said:

Also I'd be keen to understand on what basis it craps out at that number - the new Node's got a better quad-core processor, so this might help push up that number if the issue is running out of juice to manage such a big index...

Not sure of why and how's but here is an answer i saw from another forum, which is why I was put off from buying.

"The Bluesound Node 2 has the ability to index 'up to' 100,000 songs, the Bluesound Node 2i 'up to' 200,000 songs. But these are both theoretical limits, hence the 'up to' notation. These are maximums in ideal conditions as the database indexes the metadata, so if you have a lot of information in the metadata, like long track names or titles and associated artwork, this 'theoretical' maximum can be substantially less as there is more data to index.

I have used a Vault, Bluesound Node, Node 2 and 2i as my best mate is committed to the Bluesound ecosystem but not much of a geek - I apparently am, so I look after them for him when he has problems. The only real issues he has had are in relation to this song limit as he has a huge ripped FLAC library. As an example his Node 2i starts to struggle with over 130,000 songs, which is well below to it's supposed maximum. It works, but nowhere near as well as when he's got under 100,000 songs indexed. It can hang or just be slow to respond on the apps. It doesn't affect the sound quality, just responsiveness."

regards

On 26/06/2021 at 09:22, hermano said:

Not sure of why and how's but here is an answer i saw from another forum, which is why I was put off from buying.

"The Bluesound Node 2 has the ability to index 'up to' 100,000 songs, the Bluesound Node 2i 'up to' 200,000 songs. But these are both theoretical limits, hence the 'up to' notation. These are maximums in ideal conditions as the database indexes the metadata, so if you have a lot of information in the metadata, like long track names or titles and associated artwork, this 'theoretical' maximum can be substantially less as there is more data to index.

I have used a Vault, Bluesound Node, Node 2 and 2i as my best mate is committed to the Bluesound ecosystem but not much of a geek - I apparently am, so I look after them for him when he has problems. The only real issues he has had are in relation to this song limit as he has a huge ripped FLAC library. As an example his Node 2i starts to struggle with over 130,000 songs, which is well below to it's supposed maximum. It works, but nowhere near as well as when he's got under 100,000 songs indexed. It can hang or just be slow to respond on the apps. It doesn't affect the sound quality, just responsiveness."

regards

Yeah it makes sense, I'm just saying that the new one SINCE the 2i (now just called the 'Node' again to be confusing) it has quad-core so double the processing power of the 2i.  Not sure if this impacts the indexing, but I would guess it would help.  WOuldnt know without testing it though!

Bluesound speakers all look a bit fuddy duddy. No design flare like Naim Musos or Audio Pro speakers. They are also expensive.

If they improved their design, and created a marketing image directed more at the streaming one song generation, they would increase their visibility in homes.

It dosent matter how good something is, if its not marketed correctly and at the correct price point.