Naim Audio, First ever turntable is here

radiant red

New Turntable, MK2 Aro, new phonostage and cartridge. Finally Naim have entered into the black stuff

https://www.naimaudio.com/solstice

Yours for 16k 😊

3B61ABDC-4C5B-40EF-A4E3-E6B4345B127A.jpeg

• Like 2

Only 16k..bargain :o

• Like 1

Not sure I see the logic in only 500  being produced.

5 minutes ago, hiesteem said:

I believe it’s for the full package at launch then individual orders 

• Like 1

Launched today hence being called the Solstice on the day of the summer solstice 😊 I doubt however, it will be on display at Stonehenge 😊

If they sell all 500 at that price, it will bring them in £8million!

22 minutes ago, radiant red said:

I believe it’s for the full package at launch then individual orders 

Oh I see. Anyway I am sure it will appeal to a lot of people and perhaps Naim users especially. 

Fun Fact: The Full naim of the TT is actually the Naim "Summer Solstice". On the 21st December there will be the launch of the Naim "Winter Solstice" TT - which will have another limited run of 500. :minikev:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Looks very much like a German design with it's machined finish . Nothing wrong with that, I got a living room full of similar looking electronics. 

16 minutes ago, greybeard said:

If they sell all 500 at that price, it will bring them in £8million!

I think 16k in the scheme of things for everything, Deck, Arm, cartridge, power supply and phonostage isn’t bad compared to SME or Linn but still too much for me 🤔

Also it’s not suspended but I’d be keen to compare it to the equivalently priced Linn package (which would be far from top spec all in)

53 minutes ago, hiesteem said:

It’s because these days they are only 500 true Naimites left 😜 On the other hand it’s a good marketing tactic to get some sales in fast knowing that their total market might only be 500? I haven’t heard it but none of the high end turntables that I have had at home have done it for me. A lot of people will be happy if the arm is available separately though. 

• Like 1

Just had a look at the photos again. It is seriously ugly.

More importantly I have just read the Naim site that says that Clearaudio manufacture this. I think that we should read this as a co-design with Clearaudio. The reason why I say this is that it’s unlikely that Naim have turntable designers who just happen to be working in their amplifier design team.  

Even Audio Note, who already had turntables in their range, turned to Origin Live to help them design their new turntable. I don’t understand why Naim would have chosen Clearaudio. They seem to be miles away from the Naim sound. I had a Clearaudio t/t with the huge platter at home on demo and it sounded terrible to me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, hiesteem said:

Looks very much like a German design with it's machined finish . Nothing wrong with that, I got a living room full of similar looking electronics. 

It’s made by Clearaudio, so that’ll be why.  Seems to be a full package of turntable, MC cartridge, step up phono amp and power supply.  That means in concept and price it’s very similar to the unlimited edition SME Synergy. 

Well spotted! The turntable, arm and cartridge are all made by Clearaudio to Naim’s specifications.

I heard about this a week or so ago and am quite surprised at the price - I was honestly expecting it to be higher.