radiant red

12 minutes ago, eddie-baby said:

terible styling and overpriced

reminds me of this as well

adore-769rs-bsch_1024x.jpg?v=1598352727

This is extremely worrying, especially on a Friday night 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There are precedents of course. If you want 'non-turntable company does turntable', let's not forget the hideous monstrosity that McIntosh gave us.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 22/06/2021 at 19:08, TheFlash said:

I quite like the looks, something of the Orbe going on in the platter and the rest is not showy-offy which I respect. However...

What the heck is the value proposition here?

Company with no pedigree in turntables introduces turntable. At the budget end, fair enough, but at £16k?

Bizarrely, it's value proposition comes from the reassurance it is made by someone else who actually does have a pedigree in making turntables. That's not particularly clever.

Who is the target audience? Surely the vinyl-savvy audiophile will look to Clearaudio themselves rather than buying a Naim-badged equivalent.

Who will sink £16k (shhh, less wink-wink discounts I can't possibly tell you about but as it's you...) into one of these? How much of that would they get back if they moved it on 12m later?

I reckon this is aimed squarely at the Naimophile who until now has grumped at the fact that they've had to incorporate a non-Naim turntable into their otherwise all-Naim system. Digital company goes analogue. If they get anywhere near selling 500, hats off to them.

Got to dash: incoming press release about the new Chord turntable, the reChordPlayer. I know, it's far-fetched!

The legacy of the 80's Linn/Naim alliance & the grip it had on the British foot tapping audiophile.
The lads at Naim do a deck & the anachronism of forty years is like the New Gold Dream..

• Like 1

I would expect that once the 500 are sold, that the next batch will be 20k, with a small upgrade somewhere that you can pay 5k to get the mk1 upgraded. 

On 21/06/2021 at 08:40, radiant red said:

New Turntable, MK2 Aro, new phonostage and cartridge. Finally Naim have entered into the black stuff

https://www.naimaudio.com/solstice

Yours for 16k 😊

3B61ABDC-4C5B-40EF-A4E3-E6B4345B127A.jpeg

Looks like an LP12 with a double height platter 😛

20 hours ago, rabski said:

There are precedents of course. If you want 'non-turntable company does turntable', let's not forget the hideous monstrosity that McIntosh gave us.

Which I think was also made by Clearaudio…

On 25/06/2021 at 23:10, radiant red said:

This is extremely worrying, especially on a Friday night 😂

Only in Radlett.:whistle:

Edited by Tarzan

“Come on.......where are the power supplies......your gonna need at least 8 for that mill wheel

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, tackleberry said:

“Come on.......where are the power supplies......your gonna need at least 8 for that mill wheel

They won't be far away. Probably mk11 Solstice with super dooper cap. Obvious really, that's what Naim do, make electronics.

Obviously it will give better and more regulated supply than the original supply, which is an ok supply but to do justice to such a high quality table such as this , it demands to have the best quality poo wer supplies available! 

:^:^

:oj:

Edited by hiesteem

This psu has reverse polarity and is dedicated to remove static.....

• Haha 1