Amazon

14 hours ago, Warszawa said:

I've stopped buying vinyl for starters. They're so hit and miss. Sometimes records arrive in really good mailers, sometimes even double-boxed, but it's increasingly common to receive them in paper or plastic bags. They've even sent the record naked with the address label slapped on before, and did the same with a Bowie box set. (Shame that one's in landfill as they're worth a few quid now.) I made a complaint but didn't get the impression they took it seriously.

Is that Amazon or the people who trade via Amazon?

• Like 1

Can't beat em for your Christmas shopping. Nothing worse than going down to Manchester at Christmas time especially when the trains aren't running at weekends.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Pete the Feet said:

Can't beat em for your Christmas shopping. Nothing worse than going down to Manchester at Christmas time especially when the trains aren't running at weekends.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

yep, I just click on stuff and get it delivered to my sister's gaff. She sorts it out and makes sure it gets to the rest of the family. job done :)

Like others here my opinion on Amazon is split, the pro's are next day delivery, competitive prices, incredible choices and(especially when you don't have to factor in travel), hassle free and if you don't like it you can send it back. the cons are shocking amount of packaging, tax evasion, work ethic.

Thing is though if Amazon paid tax then the goods would also increase in price nullifying why we use Amazon in the first place. With the work ethic, people need jobs, if our conscience got in the way of how Amazon use zero hours contracts how would we feel of those people lost their jobs? Consumers vote with their wallets (or purses) and aren't really interested in the business model unless it costs more than than leaving the house and paying high street prices. 

Edited by Strider

I don't use Amazon just because they are cheaper than alternatives, although I agree the price can be an advantage. Usually it's because of clickability and the to-my-door delivery. Sometimes it's just because there ain't nobody on the high street selling stuff any more :(

• Like 2

9 hours ago, audio_PHIL_e said:

Is that Amazon or the people who trade via Amazon?

Amazon.

2 hours ago, Warszawa said:

Amazon.

Sorry to hear that mate. I've often thought that Amazon packaging was OK but sometimes the people who trade via Amazon used dodgy packaging. Maybe I've just been lucky.

I searched for rainforest and it said currently unavailable. They will email me when one is available.

Edited by TIU

1 hour ago, TIU said:

I searched for rainforest and it said currently unavailable. They will email me when one is available.

I think that by the time one is available, there won't be any humans left to email you about it. You won't be around either.

• Sad 1

Stopped using them 4 years ago (except for a recent temporary free trial of Amazon Music) and haven’t missed it at all, not that I was ever a prolific user of their services. I have always managed to find cheaper products elsewhere but even then I don’t mind spending a little extra if I can find something locally.

Had a horrendous experience with a Steve Miller Band box set a couple of years ago ( don't want to talk about it) however needs must and during lockdown and since had nothing but really good service from Amazon.

Oops nearly forgot l purchased 'Cream 3 live' and that was sent back just because of the abysmal sound quality, ( nothing to do with the pressing ) and they excepted it without hesitation so pretty happy.:)