VW Polo 2016 or newer.

Just wondering if anyone knows of, the above car for sale?

Criteria very specific however and it's for our younger lad, but here goes. Must be:

• less than 3 years old
  • less than 30k miles
  • FSH
  • Manual
  • 1.0 TSI engine
  • no CATEGORY repaired cars

Any colour (but not blue) and door count unimportant. I will travel for the right car and funds are in place. Please let me know if there is anything that fits the bill. I know Skoda and Seat make a similar car but sticking with VW searches ATM.

Kind regards.

Edited by AnilS
Title change

Appreciated Colin.

Say out of budget. Budget set by our lad at less than £8k.

Seems prices have increased now, compared to when I looked, 6 months ago. Availability reduced too!

• Like 1

• AnilS changed the title to VW Polo 2016 or newer.

Polo is crappy, like all other WVs.  Fiesta is a much better car for less money.

• Upvote 1

Rubbish.

The Polo is a fine car and drives like something much bigger. And I speak as someone who dislikes small cars!

That said, the Fiesta is also great and will be a damn sight cheaper to service and repair.

On 30/06/2021 at 21:41, AnilS said:

Seems prices have increased now,

Friend of mine is a sales manager he says S/H prices have gone through the roof .

I'm not a particular fan of small cars full stop, though having borrowed Phil's (MK T&B Centre) garage's 3-cylinder Fiesta thing, I was mightily surprised. Sounded like a miniature 911, used zero fuel and went amazingly well.

There are a number of plus points for the Polo, especially for a young driver. They're not that quick, the handling is biased towards overly safe, insurance is low, they perform well in an accident and the resale value is pretty solid.

Parts actually aren't that bad, expecially compared with Far East equivalents.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Coincidentally, I've also been looking at cars again. The old SAAB has been unused since before the first lockdown and the list of 'necessary' is likely to seriously exceed the value. Now things are getting back to more like normal, there are increasing occasions when we're getting back to needing two cars again.

I realise I'm no longer in the first flush of youth, so my ideas of 'value' are a bit out of date, but I have to say I'm stunned by the sheer range of turd-quality rubbish being offered at more than I paid for my first house. Having also spent a good few years 'in the trade' in an earlier life, I have some idea of what to look for. The amount of stuff out there that's obviously been what an old dealer aquaintance used to refer to as 'involved in some amateur dramatics' is staggering.

Originally the idea was a sensible priced, older SLK or Z4. A little, fun two-seater we could both enjoy on the fifteen days of the year when it's sunny and something Anne would be happy to kick around in. Fat chance. Everything under about £10k has had one careful owner. Unfortunately, they've also had a handful of careless ones. Everything suffers from the 'part service history' fable, in which 'part' usually equates to one MOT and a handful of petrol receipts. Most are also a stunning example of how hard it is to match metallic colours properly if you need to spray a panel and how much of a skills-shortage there must be for panel beaters.

I did actually start to wonder about the common-sense idea of a later-model Fiesta or similar, but I look like a berk driving anything small, and it would last about a fortnight, because I'd resent it and drive it like a nutter. So I gave up and went to see my friendly SAAB independent garage people. I've just thrown a relative pittance on a 58 plate 9-3 Aero convertible, which (much the same as my old 04 plate 9-3 Aero convertible) will handle like an elephant on a skateboard, but go like stink. It's also big and doesn't make me look like a clown.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 02/07/2021 at 21:52, Bazzer said:

Friend of mine is a sales manager he says S/H prices have gone through the roof .

I can vouch for that. I got a guaranteed price from Manheim (part of autotrader) for £28.5k (p/ex from garage was £27k) but I missed the car I wanted. Found another one 3 weeks later and asked for another quote and they came back with £30k 

• Upvote 1

Still looking.

Keep getting disappointed with a decent car, only to find it's a bloody insurance write off, repaired!

Even one at a main dealers, threw the EML on the test drive! :grrr: