FS: Upgraded Michell Gyrodec With Orbe Platter REDUCED

tnorvaisas

Due to my hifi system downsizing I'm offering this one of a kind Michell Gyrodeck with Orbe upgrade and many other improvements:

Chassis can accommodate 2 tonearms if needed. Acrylic plinth was laser cut so motor pod could be moved to the front of the deck when 2 arms are used. 2 armboards will be included (buyer can choose to have either 2 SME or 1 sme and 1 Rega arboard).

Major upgrade to the motor unit: industrial grade heavy duty swiss made Maxon brushless DC motor fitted inside modified pod with matching control unit, custom brass pulley made to take 2 belts. Overbuilt external PSU supplies juice to the motor. Original Michell DC motor will be included too in case new owner would like to convert deck back to standard version. Software and USB cable to connect computer for fine tuning of the motor is included. Comes with 2 belts.

ORBE Plater with clamp upgrade.

Cosmetically the deck is in excellent condition with only few tiny marks on acrylic plinth where record clamp was kept. There are few cracks on the left corner of the lid too.

Comes in original box with all accessories and a lot of extras.

Price is sold.

Collection from Woolwich Arsenal or can be posted at buyer's cost and risk. Cash or BT on collection please.

No tonearms and no cartridge included.

Large pictures can be emailed. Please PM with questions.

20210620_193200.jpg

Edited by tnorvaisas
Price change
  • Like 2

• tnorvaisas changed the title to FS: Upgraded Michell Gyrodec With Orbe Platter And Pete's Pylons REDUCED

Bump with price reduction to £1800. A lot of turntable for the money!

Bump and price drop to £1700. That's insane price. Can also offer SME IV tonearm for £1500 to go with it. 

• Like 1

@£1500 I think you’ve undervalued the SME IV arm

Due to SME no longer selling arms separately, prices have soared for used ones

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, mikeyb said:

@£1500 I think you’ve undervalued the SME IV arm

Due to SME no longer selling arms separately, prices have soared for used ones emoji6.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would only sell SME IV at this price to a buyer of my Gyrodec. I'm aware of current SME tonearm prices.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • tnorvaisas changed the title to FS: Upgraded Michell Gyrodec With Orbe Platter REDUCED
Posted (edited)

Price reduced

Edited by tnorvaisas

Posted (edited)

Reduced

Edited by tnorvaisas
  • Sad 1

This is crazily good value. You just need that one buyer who wants to use two arms - and there are a good few who do. If it were me, it would be one with a mono cart and t'other with a stereo cart.

Good luck with your sale. Hold your nerve!

11 hours ago, TheFlash said:

This is crazily good value. You just need that one buyer who wants to use two arms - and there are a good few who do. If it were me, it would be one with a mono cart and t'other with a stereo cart.

Good luck with your sale. Hold your nerve!

It can be used with one arm. Absolutely no need to use 2 arms. Have to attach factory weight underneath chassis and remove one arm board. In fact I set it up to be used with one arm now.

20210627_174930.jpg

14 minutes ago, tnorvaisas said:

It can be used with one arm. Absolutely no need to use 2 arms. Have to attach factory weight underneath chassis and remove one arm board. In fact I set it up to be used with one arm now.

20210627_174930.jpg

I tried selling my Acoustic Signature on here for the past few months but not one offer. With hindsight I am so relieved after changing my power amp vinyl is by a country mile the most enjoyable and lifelike format !! Good luck with the sale it's an amazing deck.

• Like 3

Sunday bump.

PX to other hifi equipment possible (speaker cables, phono stage, r2r related stuff etc.)

• 2 weeks later...

Hell, I'm almost tempted to buy a second one for myself haha. A ridiculously good price.

Edited by popol_vuh