Amazon HD Music through AV Reciever

When Amazon HD was first launched I had a test but the Ultra HD Hi Res would not play through my Onkyo AV unit as there was no control within the Amazon Cube to switch it on and although it stated and i could see the track was Hi Res it only played a CD quality of the music. Not really much use to anyone and so I cancelled the trial and checked a few times but nothing changed .

Now I do not really want yo use this for any other player than the one connected to the Onkyo . So today I set up Amazon Music Unlimited for a free month trial which now includes Amazon HD music . Started off just the same when i played a Ultra HD track gave me the details that it was Hi Res but played as CD quality Flac . Nothing I could change on the Track screen but when I went back to Home and hit the settings button there is now an option to turn on Ultra HD so switched this and now I have Hi Res tracks all playing at the best they can be directly from the HDMI output of the Amazon Cube to the Onkyo AV nothing else needed .

Will have a listen to this now as I this was what I wanted form the start and given it is just £7.99 a month will see how I get on with it .

Would definitely use amazon at £7.99 but the interface with the Node is total crap, the PC version seems OK though. 

29 minutes ago, robbyrtp said:

Would definitely use amazon at £7.99 but the interface with the Node is total crap, the PC version seems OK though. 

As per the above I use the Amazon Cube so the gui is on my TV and works fine .