A Bespoke Yamaha NS-1000M Restoration

AudioTechnology

True.Although nearly all my hi fi mates have owned NS 1000s at least once and they all agree  that is how they sound and why the ended up selling them..One even tried building wave guides around the midrange to try to improve the imaging but without much luck.I suspect the problem lies with the crossover as I have NS75Ts which are very similar speakers but they image very well.
When I listen to them I  find I constantly move my head from side to side trying to get the image focus to lock in but it never quite does.It might not be a phasing problem but that is how it sounds.It seems some people are far more sensitive to phasing than others.I find back loaded horns suffer from that problem too which makes sense because the reverse phase is coming out of the back of the driver ad interfering with what is coming out of the front.Not everybody hears that though.
Well I am keeping mine forever, and I've owned a lot of speakers. I guess there's no accounting for taste!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Love these restoration threads.👌🤓

• Like 2

Super Wammer
22 hours ago, oldius said:

Well I am keeping mine forever, and I've owned a lot of speakers. I guess there's no accounting for taste!

Same here Geoff... mine are a bit tatty on the outside but sound simply fantastic :) 

• Like 1

As I new owner im going to be watching this mot that I could do anything like this myself

• Like 1