Innuos Zenith Mk3 VS Auralic Aries G2

Southeastern

13 minutes ago, Southeastern said:

I use a Shunyata Venom ethernet and usb cable...Im not sure I want to spend the price of that Sablon a cable though!...The Shunyata is excellent even at their entry level stuff.

I've had a look at that power supply - definitely food for thought, but another £500+...I think I'll try to stay happy with what I have right now as it was a large expenditure on its own. What differences did you notice with the upgrade?

I think the previous poster obviously has a grievance with Auralic, which I probably would if there was a fault that is shown to be a common manufacturing fault and they refused to do anything about it or charge a high amount to fix it. However I do agree, the whole registration thing is an unnecessary faff - what if the previous owner had died? does that mean the unit then cant be sold on by say family if they can't access his emails, and it basically becomes an expensive brick?

Although I've kept the Auralic and am very very happy with my sound right now, that does leave a bit of a taste in my mouth, it basically says 'you don't own your product, even after spending ££££ on it,  we do'. 

I take your points about registration, although if I've died then I'm not really going to care too much about it. 9_9xD

Shunyata users seem to be happy with the products - I don't recall reading any negative comments. The prices certainly can go into the stratosphere with some of their products.

The upgraded power supply for the Auralic basically made everything a little bit better ('better' for me generally means more definition in the bass, more separation between instruments, more texture - things I might associate with reduced noise, but I could be entirely wrong about the cause). Personally, I wouldn't say the gains are huge with the G2 and it's got a decent dual power supply in there already - I get the feeling that there are bigger potential gains from doing the same thing with a G1 based on user's comments on the Auralic forum.

I've also got all of my equipment connected to an Ansuz C2 distributor with some C2 power cables and that made a worthwhile difference, so perhaps that reduced the impact of the upgraded power supply.

I noticed a bigger difference from the better ethernet cable than the Aries power supply, which I found rather bizarre.

I am very happy with my system now and I don't feel the need to change anything, so I'm in the process of spunking money on a new TV setup instead. xD

10 minutes ago, Griff500 said:

I take your points about registration, although if I've died then I'm not really going to care too much about it. 9_9xD

Shunyata users seem to be happy with the products - I don't recall reading any negative comments. The prices certainly can go into the stratosphere with some of their products.

The upgraded power supply for the Auralic basically made everything a little bit better ('better' for me generally means more definition in the bass, more separation between instruments, more texture - things I might associate with reduced noise, but I could be entirely wrong about the cause). Personally, I wouldn't say the gains are huge with the G2 and it's got a decent dual power supply in there already - I get the feeling that there are bigger potential gains from doing the same thing with a G1 based on user's comments on the Auralic forum.

I've also got all of my equipment connected to an Ansuz C2 distributor with some C2 power cables and that made a worthwhile difference, so perhaps that reduced the impact of the upgraded power supply.

I noticed a bigger difference from the better ethernet cable than the Aries power supply, which I found rather bizarre.

I am very happy with my system now and I don't feel the need to change anything, so I'm in the process of spunking money on a new TV setup instead. xD

lol you would care if you bought one used and then couldn't ever own it :) 

For me, Shunyata is the cream of digital and mains cables, as Cardas is of analogue cables. They have some crazy prices, but having found their entry level Venom stuff better than other brands that would charge 3-4 times the price, I just stick with it as my 'gold' standard..as I just wouldnt spend some of those mental amount amounts. i will definitely keep an eye out for a used Sablon USB though!

I already have a great OLED so feeling fairly at peace with everything right now! I am hoping I don't get any upgrade bugs in the near future, but I know I probably will :) 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Southeastern said:

i will definitely keep an eye out for a used Sablon USB though!

I already have a great OLED so feeling fairly at peace with everything right now! I am hoping I don't get any upgrade bugs in the near future, but I know I probably will :) 

I don't think they come up for sale all that often. For some reason people seem to hold onto them... ;-) 

I'm using a 65" Sony A1 OLED and it still produces a stunning picture, but I fancy a bigger screen so I've ordered the Samsung LSP9T UST laser projector and it should be here in a couple of days. I managed to get it for far less over here in Euroland than it is in the UK. I like the idea of not having a huge screen dominating the room and the short-throw projector and electric screen should fit in the room quite well and just leave a box on the cabinet and a blank wall when not in use. Hopefully the picture is good enough during the daylight hours, although I mostly watch TV in the evenings anyway and have music on all day while I'm working. I'm tempted to also get Samsung's new soundbar as well, which is supposed to be pretty good.

I might have gone a bit off-topic... 9_9

I found a bigger TV screen better separated the actors and improved both vertical imaging and depth perception. Overall a more organic presentation.😊

Regards Andrew 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, andrew s said:

I found a bigger TV screen better separated the actors and improved both vertical imaging and depth perception. Overall a more organic presentation.😊

Regards Andrew 

Thank god for that - I wasn't entirely off-topic! xD

I do worry that a full surround sound system might introduce more background noise.

Edited by Griff500