Macbook, Big Sur and Linn apps (Konfig and Kazoo)

I'm finding Kazoo really slow at finding rooms (if at all). I'm running a  MacBook with Big Sur installed. Before I take Kazoo to the trash can and reinstall, is anyone else experiencing such issues?

In order to explore further I went into Konfig. It tells me that it's running the latest version and, although I can see MinimServer, it is showing me no other  devices. It should be finding a  KRDS an  ADSM and Exaktbox-i. In other words Konfig is showing me nothing of value at all.

It would appear that the apps are failing to find any Linn devices. Any suggestions?

Hi,

Check also which version your ADSM is having. My DSM's has software version 4.81.405

I have iMac with Big Sur (11.5), Konfig 4.37.150 and Kazoo 4.13.77 and system works fine with my ADSM and KDSM.

I have iMac with Big Sur (11.5), Konfig 4.37.150 and Kazoo 4.13.77 and system works fine

Same versions here on my MacBook Pro, also no problems. 

Rebooting Linn devices ? 

LD

I'm using all that with no problems. O.o I just tested it.

21 hours ago, Dasher said:

It would appear that the apps are failing to find any Linn devices. Any suggestions?

It sounds to me as if there may be an issue with device discovery protocols on your LAN, which could be due to a number of different things...

If your LAN is comprised of typical off-the-shelf consumer devices then I would suggest power cycling your network equipment as well as the computer and Linn DS to see if anything improves. Sometimes clearing all the table entry buffers for all devices allow a fresh start. I would include your router, wireless access point (often the same device), and any switches you might be using between the equipment and DS. 

Assuming the above does not solve your problem there is probably some sort of software-level issue happening, likely within the router, or wireless access point (if using WiFi). As per @akamatsu I also have a very similar setup and not only am I able to access the DS from a couple of different Mac computers running Big Sur, Kazoo or the Linn App works across iPadOS or iOS devices. Konfig also works just fine from a MacBook Pro.

Thanks - I'll recycle the QNAP in the morning. The IOS devices have no issues -  just this MacBook. I've recycled this tonight with no change. It occasionally finds the KRDS  but it isn't great  even when its  does. It won't find the ADSM at all.

I'll clean everything up and see if it improves things.

Posted (edited)

Rebooting the Linn does appears to have at least made things visible in Kazoo - thanks all!

Edited by Dasher
  • Like 2