WTB Phono Stage

What year wantin to move on in the future 
Oh, on a budget of $800 I hope to get something second hand that is mint with a good SU and boxed..
kindest regards .
What is "SU"?

It's a front Bigman, 

xxsimba joined the forum yesterday and suggested I email "Tom" via instantholmes@outlook.com as he had the capacitors I was looking for that he wanted to part with. 

I've obviously forwarded all of my money to Tom for the imaginary product. 

I can only assume that his request to buy a phone stage is an attempt to make him appear genuine? 

Don't imagine he will know what "SU" means any more than the items I was searching for were capacitors. Who knows. Who cares. 

On a completely separate note - I'm going to take this as a free bump - If anyone really does have a pair of Hovland MusiCap Film+Foil 1.5uF 100v capacitors (the kind that actually exist) I would love to purchase them. 

:D

Frankly, you've got about zero chance.

The last time I saw any genuine ones, I bought 'em, but they were lower values. The only ones I've seen for ages are either scams (see above) or not particularly good fakes. I know Lynn and Kevin have some, but you won't be able to prise any out of them. I'd just accept that you're not going to find any and look at alternatives.

If anyone has ANY values fro .1u upwards, I'd also be interested. I won't be holding my breath though.

Glad I’m not the only one. This chap PMd me to say that Tom had a Sugden DAC-4 I was looking for. I promptly sent him my card details, the deeds to my house and he’s now run off with my wife. I wish I were more careful! 

He's gone.

My finger slipped...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

In 100v HiFiCollective still have stock of the musicaps as high as 10uF (10 variants in total). 

Unfortunately (from my perspective)1.5uF isn't one of them :|

We're talking different species I suspect. If you mean the 'blue' ones, there are quite a lot around. Give Definitive a call, as they had quite a lot the last time I spoke to them.

The ones I mean are the yellow ones, with one red end and one green end. Totally unobtanium and IME totally special.

I'm perfectly happy with the blue version. 

The kind definitive used in their OBX-R2 crossover.

Having owned (various) Living Voice speakers for an exceptioanlly long time, I've accumulated a complete set of spare drive units (long story based on initial damage caused by small children and then confusion on my part). 

Currently in the process of building external x-overs, based on measurements that I took from the OBX-R2 components, in order to create a set of speakers for my second system that would match the drive units. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, b1u3print said:

It's a front Bigman, 

xxsimba joined the forum yesterday and suggested I email "Tom" via instantholmes@outlook.com as he had the capacitors I was looking for that he wanted to part with. 

I've obviously forwarded all of my money to Tom for the imaginary product. 

I can only assume that his request to buy a phone stage is an attempt to make him appear genuine? 

Don't imagine he will know what "SU" means any more than the items I was searching for were capacitors. Who knows. Who cares. 

On a completely separate note - I'm going to take this as a free bump - If anyone really does have a pair of Hovland MusiCap Film+Foil 1.5uF 100v capacitors (the kind that actually exist) I would love to purchase them. 

:D

41 minutes ago, alfieg said:

Glad I’m not the only one. This chap PMd me to say that Tom had a Sugden DAC-4 I was looking for. I promptly sent him my card details, the deeds to my house and he’s now run off with my wife. I wish I were more careful! 

This Tom has a plethora of items doesn't he! He also has a Left Handed Armbase for my NA Hyperspace apparently. I've forwarded him some magic beans but doesn't look like I'm going to get my Armbase then.... :(

This Tom has a plethora of items doesn't he! He also has a Left Handed Armbase for my NA Hyperspace apparently. I've forwarded him some magic beans but doesn't look like I'm going to get my Armbase then.... 
If it's left handed, does that mean the arm faces away from the platter ?

Sorry, bad joke.

Oh dear, seems to be a bit of this scamming nonsense around at the minute.

18 hours ago, alfieg said:

Some might see their wives being run off with, as a blessing .

Almost like finding Hovland Caps.

Was going to offer him my , still for sale, Perreaux VP3 Phono stage ;-)