Can anyone recommend some decent speaker binding posts that don't cost the earth?

b1u3print

Looking to purchase twelve pairs (hence the need for them to not be silly money) of speaker terminals. 

Anyone have any recommendations for terminals they have used in the past that seemed really good quality at their given price point? 

There's a multitude of options on that dreaded auction site that claim to be "pure copper gold-plated" - which sounds lovely, but I'm just not sure I believe them. No doubt the build quality (of whatever they are made from) varies wildly as well.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. 

Cheers, 

Thanks, 

Have just had a glance at them now. 

There’s a few different nickel ones, the cheapest look like they would work out at about £125 delivered.

Will add them to my (hopefully soon to grow - due to the floods of recommendations :D) list of possibles.

The thickest wall they will be connecting to is about 12mm, so they don’t need an especially long thread. 

+1 for Hifi collective. I've always been very happy with the components ordered from them, including the CMC medium silver plated binding posts that I used for my speaker cabinets

I have used these and they are good quality  without being silly money . This is the Red there is also a similar black version .

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/binding-posts/8883749/

If you feel that gold plating is needed then these also look very sturdy and would offer a very good connection .

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/binding-posts/1902690/

That's interesting...

The gold plated RS Components option comes in loads of different colours - meaning I could colour code connections from x-overs to speakers. I like that. 

Doesn't look like they would accommodate the 12mm wall thickness though. 

8 hours ago, Shadowbox81 said:

+1 for Hifi collective. I've always been very happy with the components ordered from them, including the CMC medium silver plated binding posts that I used for my speaker cabinets

I use HiFi Collective quite a lot. Loads of choice and my experience of the customer service has always been top notch.

Had an email back from Nick at 10:57 last night regarding a returns query - by comparison half of the email queries that I send to HiFi dealers don't even get a response, you have to pick up the phone (very different business model though I suppose). 

In the case of the binding posts Collective maybe have a bit too much choice - hence the request for recommendations.

Have added the CMC posts to the list...