Royal Mail Tracking?

33 minutes ago, darthvadersdad said:

I've been looking on their website for info and not seen that but hopefully that will be the case🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

https://www.royalmail.com/termschanges

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Warszawa said:

👍

37 minutes ago, darthvadersdad said:

Thanks Jon 😁 I'm hoping to be home asap I'm doing all the pre op exercises that I have been given to strenthen various bit of my old knackered body which they say gives very positive results of recovery & mobility after the actual operation.👍

Are you getting mono or stereo? 😄

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, TIU said:

Are you getting mono or stereo? 😄

Having just left one done even though the right is arthritic too as Various medication I'm on would make it too risky for both too be done. The right will likely be done six months later hopefully👍

Going private as our waiting list is over 2 years atm😳

Edited by darthvadersdad

I once sent an £800 phono stage to Poland with Parcelforce, tracked and insured.  Unfortunately the PO where I dropped it off failed to scan it.  The parcel effectively disappeared for 4 days and couldn't be tracked.  It finally arrived in Poland but then there was no confirmation of delivery.  Fortunately the buyer was a decent chap and confirmed receipt, he also notified PayPal as I couldn't claim the funds until delivery was confirmed.  What a mess!  I did complain to PF that I hadn't received the tracking service that I paid for.  They refunded all my delivery costs which was fair enough I suppose.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wine man forthe County said:

I once sent an £800 phono stage to Poland with Parcelforce, tracked and insured.  Unfortunately the PO where I dropped it off failed to scan it.  The parcel effectively disappeared for 4 days and couldn't be tracked.  It finally arrived in Poland but then there was no confirmation of delivery.  Fortunately the buyer was a decent chap and confirmed receipt, he also notified PayPal as I couldn't claim the funds until delivery was confirmed.  What a mess!  I did complain to PF that I hadn't received the tracking service that I paid for.  They refunded all my delivery costs which was fair enough I suppose.

Blimey that sounds like a nightmare mate😮😮😮

Archaic service. A constant let down.

• Like 1

It will get bled dry till it is unfit for purpose then broken up into bits in the name of fair competition😡

Everything I’ve been sent by Royal Mail with a tracking number has turned out to be the posted/ delivered version, with nothing in between, which isn’t really “tracking”....:S

• Like 1

Tracked 24/48 hrs is only available online I discovered when trying to use said service at the post office. So for 72p I have stuff collected now which so far has worked ok.

• Like 1

Update the tracking is now saying my parcel was posted today when I know it was posted yesterday so thats one way of losing a whole 24 hours.:doh:

I guess it does mean my parcel could arrive tomorrow by 4pm all I can do is keep my fingers crossed🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

1 hour ago, darthvadersdad said:

I guess it does mean my parcel could arrive tomorrow by 4pm all I can do is keep my fingers crossed🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Special Delivery is handled very differently to other RM mail. If it was first scanned today, it was posted today.

Unless it was left in a bag of other mail and just dropped at the PO for them to scan and dispatch. I take bags and bags some days to the PO and leave it with them, they can be so busy say after a Bank Holiday weekend, that they don't get through it all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Southeastern said:

Special Delivery is handled very differently to other RM mail. If it was first scanned today, it was posted today.

Unless it was left in a bag of other mail and just dropped at the PO for them to scan and dispatch. I take bags and bags some days to the PO and leave it with them, they can be so busy say after a Bank Holiday weekend, that they don't get through it all.

Thats sounds a logical explanation 👍