Solstice Special Editition ! New ad in Stereophile

Not to worry......  It'll be in Webster's next year, along with LOL, YMMV, LMAO, ROTF, "U" and other great literary works of the 21st century!

2 hours ago, sktn77a said:

Not to worry......  It'll be in Webster's next year, along with LOL, YMMV, LMAO, ROTF, "U" and other great literary works of the 21st century!

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/editition

The word you've entered isn't in the dictionary. Click on a spelling suggestion below or try again using the search bar above.“

(I‘ve no relationship with Merriam-Webster)

Probably the editor had had too much covfefe

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 13th Duke of Wymbourne said:

Probably the editor had had too much covfefe

Good one.  And quite possible that Naim will "gaslight" us and say that we're crazy and that's how they spell it.   

'krazy' surely!

Amazingly, in the new issue of 'The Absolute Sound', the very same ad is featured on the back inner cover page....with the same spelling error! 

I guess the editors for both publications are on the same parole:|

• Haha 1

Are you sure it's not a marketing trick?  Like Linn's "k" obscenity. 

Regards Andrew 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Daveyf said:

Amazingly, in the new issue of 'The Absolute Sound', the very same ad is featured on the back inner cover page....with the same spelling error! 

I guess the editors for both publications are on the same parole:|

Responsibility is 100% on Naim or their US distributor who arranges these ad buys. The mag just receives these digitally and it's not really on them to proof read advertising.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

These publications just print exactly what is sent to them in case it might be a name quirk after all look at the mess LINN might be in with advertising “K” xD

• Upvote 1

It seems to me that this spelling/proofreading error has become the Focal point of the ad!:minikev:

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, andrew s said:

Regards Andrew 

“obscenity”? Bit strong?

’troll

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, andrew s said:

Regards Andrew 

If it is a marketing ploy, I don't think it is a very good one. Although it would seem that folks have noticed the 'error'. Unlike Linn's use of 'K' which makes sense from a marketing perspective, this apparent spelling error...not so much, IMO. 

2 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

“obscenity”? Bit strong?

’troll

I guess it may be considered an "obscenity" if one is an English language / grammar obsessive? E.g. one who froths over mis-use of apostrophes (I will admit to being one of those :D), or who spends long winter evenings debating the use of the Oxford comma?

But, on balance, I would see it as a neat marketing ploy over more than 4 decades, so hardly an obscenity.  

28 minutes ago, Andyt916 said:

I guess it may be considered an "obscenity" if one is an English language / grammar obsessive?

Of course, the 'K' has previous  form Andy - as there's nothing English (or Scottish come to that) when it comes  to karat!