Solstice Special Editition ! New ad in Stereophile

18 minutes ago, Dasher said:

Of course, the 'K' has previous  form Andy - as there's nothing English (or Scottish come to that) when it comes  to karat! 

I just did a quick read on the difference between Karat and Carat - very interesting. And, in response to the original questioner I have further considered that there is nothing that should be construed as "obscene" in Linn's use of the K. If anything, it bestows an additional element of "Scottish-ness", e.g. Kirk = Church :).

Shouldn't that be obskenity?

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, ThomasOK said:

Shouldn't that be obskenity?

Linn's "K thing" is a smart gimmick.  It's their brand.  One of their K components are immediately identifiable as Linn products.  

32 minutes ago, mskaye said:

Linn's "K thing" is a smart gimmick.  It's their brand.  One of their K components are immediately identifiable as Linn products.  

Kit Kat khunky? 😉

1 hour ago, mskaye said:

I see it that way too, but a couple of Hifi pals think it’s a silly gimmick and it puts them off.  I gather that Klimax has the same effect as it can seem a bit, er, inappropriate.  I guess it shows that branding is a tricky thing to get right. 

Klearly kontrived to kreate instantly rekognizable produkt deskriptors.

However, they may have been ahead of their time as all kinds of companies are now releasing products using mispelling of words, likely to allow them to trademark a word that they otherwise couldn't.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ThomasOK said:

Klearly kontrived to kreate instantly rekognizable produkt deskriptors.

However, they may have been ahead of their time as all kinds of companies are now releasing products using mispelling of words, likely to allow them to trademark a word that they otherwise couldn't.  

well done. Infinitely Kustomizable Komponents too.   

2 hours ago, mskaye said:

well done. Infinitely Kustomizable Komponents too.   

Linn stuff can also be Komplicated.  

There is a very in-depth meaning to the “K” scenario. :whistle:

Edited by Mr Kandid