Issues with Allo Digione Signature and MiniDSP DDRC 22D

bencat

1 hour ago, bencat said:

MiniDSP is a fairly easy thing to understand you just need to have a clear idea of what you want to do . If you are going down the Active route then there are simple digital crossovers like the 2-4 HD and then options with more outputs for three way and above .

If you are looking to control an AV set up they have units that do that . Dirac is a separate add on that can be a stand alone unit like the DDRC 22D and DDRC 22A or the DDRC 22A/D which gives you digital only analogue only or digital and analogue combined . Or it can be a plug in to a unit with Digital Crossover like the DDRC 24 and then the big units for AV multichannel like the 88D .

Dirac is also included with other makes in AV units and Amplifiers from the likes of Arcam and NAD . It depends how much you want to spend and what you aim to do .

I'm looking to in the future (after other priorities are sorted) to build my own ATC 150 active clones. I have the drivers in mind scanspeak and volt and am checking out with interest all other people's own actives.

Thanks for taking the time to explain your setup and Dirac etc.

Okay the set up using the MiniDSP DDRC 22D connected to the RPi 4 and Musical Fidelity V-Link 192 works can be turned off and no issues when you turn it back on . It works .

So decided to check everything and reconnect the Allo Digione Signature and the same thing happens the player is identified in LMS and you can start it playing and you can see it playing but no sound coming out .

So have to go to the moode audio control page and reset the player and then do a restart via the moode audio page and restart the Squeezeplayer . Then the following sound comes out it starts as a very low volume set of clicks and pops which slowly builds up through a very distorted sound and then slowly this clears until the sound has stabilised and is clear . In this case it took just over two minutes , sorry missed recording the very early parts . So no idea what the issue is but anyone that again tells me digital music is just on and off and that unless it gets a perfect signal it will be silent and will not play until the signal is correct is talking nonsense . You can hear all the stages were it thinks it has a correct signal and what it will allow to play and because it is just a signal it will let this distorted rubbish through without any correction .

Okay if anyone has an idea what is going on here and better still what I need to make it stop please let me know .

Voice0002.mp3

Andrew

I have just pu Moode on my Signature, enabled the Squeezelite Renderer. 

All settings at Default.

Plays without a problem

ronnie

Just now, Man in a van said:

Andrew

I have just pu Moode on my Signature, enabled the Squeezelite Renderer. 

All settings at Default.

Plays without a problem

ronnie

Does the miniDSP have an input buffer ?

Not that I know of Ronnie . It is not moode audio distro at fault I have also tried max2play and Picoreplayer and both of those had the same problem . I stuck with moode audio because it is easier to reset and get working again than the other two.

The current solution I have found is to use the Baldwin LPSU to power the dirty side of the Allo Signature and the MiniDSP DDRC 22D . Then the clean side of Shanti to power the Allo Sig board itself . This seems to work with no issues but will try it for a couple days and see how it goes.

• Like 1

have you tried to increasing the Squeezelite Buffer in Moode ?

ALSA params   160:4::1

or

ALSA params   240:4::1

13 hours ago, Man in a van said:

have you tried to increasing the Squeezelite Buffer in Moode ?

ALSA params   160:4::1

or

ALSA params   240:4::1

Hi Ronnie

Yes tried increasing both of those . I have it seems come up with a solution which seems to indicate a power ground issue of some sort but no full explanation . The Baldwin LPSU is a Dual 5V 3Amp unit so I have connected one to the MiniDSP and one to the Allo Signature to power the Raspberry Pi (Dirty Side) . I then have a separate Allo Shanti which is connected from the 5V 1Amp to the Allo Signature board (Clean Side) . This seems to work fine and quite a few turn off and turn back on trials have so far failed to make the unit show the same fault . I can live with this as a solution but it would be nice to have a clear idea what the issue was .