Denafrips Aries II R-2R DAC - Any Users?

robbie010

On 09/09/2021 at 09:04, robbie010 said:

Look at one of these DAC’s as a first step in R-2R 

Does anyone use one of these units?

We sell Denafrips. It was the Ares II that convinced me to take on and support Denafrips. We recently had on an Ares II > ATC SCA2 > Kinki Studio EX-M7 > Monitor Audio 5G Gold 300's. The Ares II helped reproduce a sound which was rich, fluid, full bodied and just so damn 'analogue' :)

Edited by Musicraft
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Southeastern said:

if you click the EU taxes paid option on checkout.

How does that work? Your profile says you're in the UK.

2 hours ago, Southeastern said:

They do.

And inc all vat and taxes, so its delivered to your door with no extra charges if you click the EU taxes paid option on checkout.

https://www.vinshineaudio.com/product-page/denafrips-ares-r2r-dac

This was all discussed on the previous Denafrips thread. 

With EU VAT included (I understand its the same for the UK), the cost is 1298 S$ = £698 according to my exchange rate convertor.

Am i Missing something ? 

1 hour ago, Bigwig07 said:

With EU VAT included (I understand its the same for the UK), the cost is 1298 S$ = £698 according to my exchange rate convertor.

Am i Missing something ? 

Yes, you will have possibly paid EU VAT and then will still be liable for UK VAT when it is imported. The only way is either for them to omit EU VAT and you pay UK VAT when it is imported or for them to be registered with UK VAT and to charge that (many of my suppliers in USA are registered for UK VAT and so they charge it and pay it to UK HMRC).

6 minutes ago, Fourlegs said:

Yes, you will have possibly paid EU VAT and then will still be liable for UK VAT when it is imported. The only way is either for them to omit EU VAT and you pay UK VAT when it is imported or for them to be registered with UK VAT and to charge that (many of my suppliers in USA are registered for UK VAT and so they charge it and pay it to UK HMRC).

The charges are all inclusive of everything delivered to your door with Vineshine, using the 'EU' option. Its an arrangement they have with their couriers, you are basically paying in 'advance', these systems are getting more and more common these days. I have many suppliers who do the same, and it actually works out better...especially as no courier 'handling' fees for clearing your parcel.

1 hour ago, Bigwig07 said:

Am i Missing something ? 

My bad, my mistake, I entered the base price into XE.com not the landed price, sorry!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Warszawa said:

How does that work? Your profile says you're in the UK.

Vineshines EU option, includes the UK. Tried and tested.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fourlegs said:

Fairysnuff.

But how would anyone know that?

Yeah, I admit its a little confusing, they could just update the website so it reads 'EU and UK'..I am sure they are making a killing anyway at the moment with all the hype, probably not something that bothers them currently..maybe when the next craze comes out and their sales drop :) 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Southeastern said:

Yeah, I admit its a little confusing, they could just update the website so it reads 'EU and UK'..I am sure they are making a killing anyway at the moment with all the hype, probably not something that bothers them currently..maybe when the next craze comes out and their sales drop :) 

I did check this recently with Alvin at Vinshine, who said the EU option also works of the UK. I think all EH countries have different levels of VAT so maybe their profit varies from country to country, and it saves them listing many different prices(?) 🤨

Anyways I've just procured an Ares 2 to try - should arrive at the end of the week. Seduced by the hype. :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bigwig07 said:

I did check this recently with Alvin at Vinshine, who said the EU option also works of the UK. I think all EH countries have different levels of VAT so maybe their profit varies from country to country, and it saves them listing many different prices(?) 🤨

Anyways I've just procured an Ares 2 to try - should arrive at the end of the week. Seduced by the hype. :)

Very interested to hear your first impressions…

9 hours ago, Southeastern said:

Nope. I checked on that day on Vineshine.

Vinshine.

5 hours ago, Musicraft said:

We sell Denafrips. It was the Ares II that convinced me to take on and support Denafrips.

How can Willow Tree claim they are the sole UK suppliers if you do so too, Rick?  Do you act as an outlet for Willow Tree or do you import them direct?  

It’s a bit confusing for potential customers.  (I’m not buying, but I’m curious!)

• Like 1

Musicraft only became a distributor recently and Willowtree Audio are unaware would be my guess.

Edited by mikeyb
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Nopiano said:

How can Willow Tree claim they are the sole UK suppliers if you do so too, Rick?  Do you act as an outlet for Willow Tree or do you import them direct?  

It’s a bit confusing for potential customers.  (I’m not buying, but I’m curious!)

Agreed. The confusion starts with Vinshine who cleverly set up the “Denafrips” website which is actually their own, claiming sole gobal distributor rights which is, er, an exaggeration.

Willow Tree are described as a UK partner or some similar term. They’re legit but don’t offer home demo.

It would be good to clarify whether @Musicraft do, as this would be appreciated by many who simply can’t commit purely on the basis of reviews by others.

• Like 1