UK HiFi Show - Daventry 9th - 10th October

bencat

1 hour ago, bencat said:

Will you all be as kind and not mention my lack of hair how short I keep my hair for ease of maintenance ?

Sorted that for you, Andrew

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Speedracer said:

Not sure about that Nige, if he has hair & abuses that privilege by having a dodgy barnet he deserves pelters. 😇

trust me. very much pot calling kettle here

I dream of a dodgy barnet.

9 hours ago, TheFlash said:

I dream of a dodgy barnet.

wig?

This one's also used down my way.

Irish Jig GIFs | Tenor

Sorry did I miss a step , how did we go from bald to constipated ? I will fully admit to being bald but I very as in very rarely am I constipated . 😖

Edited by bencat

Pete took us down a dark alley :nuts:

No dark alleys he me old fruits...

Syrup = syrup of fig = wig ;) 

7 minutes ago, orbscure said:

Seriously are there still people in the UK who would dare to wear a wig out doors ? In Liverpool if spotted on the street the general cry of Wiggy will ring out as they pass and follow them down the street . Then again the general shout of slap head often follows me but all it ever induces in me is a broad smile as I have never been that bothered about not having hair , others are somewhat more sensitive.

Edited by bencat

15 minutes ago, orbscure said:

that only work in soft southern parts or said in a Dick Van Dyke accent

16 minutes ago, bencat said:

Seriously are there still people in the UK who would dare to wear a wig out doors ? In Liverpool if spotted on the street the general cry of Wiggy will ring out as they pass and follow them down the street . Then again the general shout of slap head often follows me but all it ever induces in me is a broad smile as I have never been that bothered about not having hair , others are somewhat more sensitive.

when I was training we had a middle manager who had a TERRIBLE wig, you could see the cloth etc. I mean REALLY BAD

Was in the days before air con we had fans in the summer  and someone would be nominated as the "decoy chat"** right in front of a fan, this meant that the 'wig' would flap up and down to our great and very childish amusement

** he had an eye for the ladies so our lovely female team leader was a perfect choice - we assumed that he thought the 'wig' would aid his chances 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 15/09/2021 at 10:24, bencat said:

I think it very much depends on the mental strength of the individual, or the circumstances around hair loss. For example I lost mine due to pretty aggressive radiotherapy for cancer when I was 30, which was way too early for me to accept it easily. It bloody fell out a few weeks after treatment was ended so I initially thought I had gotten away with it, but I hadn't. Then to top it off the bit that did grow back was patchy and like baby hair, and even that falls out if you rub it after a few weeks, would have preferred it if none of it grew at all. I couldn't give a chuff now of course, in fact looking back I think I was personally responsible for women seeing bald men as sexy. 🤣

Edited by Speedracer
  • Haha 3

I will be at the show on Saturday - like a lot of you it seems... but having not met anyone I was wondering how I could pick out a Wammer in a crowd. Special T-shirt, perhaps? Carrying a rolled up copy of this month's HiFi mag?

Now I know, all I need do is look for the bald guys!

I, on the other hand have a full head of hair and a shabby beard (thanks to my Father's genes) - but it has been snowy white for the last 10 years so I'm easy to spot!

I'll probably wear my wam t-shirt

I'm not challenged in the follicles department, and I'll try to book into the hairdressers a few days before to get my grey highlights topped up

• Haha 1