Tweeters on a stick anyone? Brodmann Acoustics

eddie-baby

Seen these before but never paid to much attention. If your looking for a set you could have a cheap set here. These speakers look like just a set of tweeters but they have side drivers.

Just wondering if anyone has any thought on them?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/294408600014?hash=item448c1eb9ce:g:C9wAAOSwDmxhSFFF

Image 01 - Brodmann Acoustics Festival 1 Speakers

Super Wammer

I guess if you partner them with a sub they might work ok?

I heard the big brother's at Cranage and they were awful. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, eddie-baby said:

Just wondering if anyone has any thought on them?

My main thought is that mid-drivers aren't put on the front of basically every other speaker for cosmetic reasons. It would be interesting to hear these out of curiosity but I'm struggling with how they won't sound rubbish?

5 minutes ago, MartinC said:

My main thought is that mid-drivers aren't put on the front of basically every other speaker for cosmetic reasons. It would be interesting to hear these out of curiosity but I'm struggling with how they won't sound rubbish?

Me too.

They are not cheap by any means new, I think they aim at higher-fi. Its not the first time speakers have had their drivers pointing in different directions, but I agree just having the tweeter at the front does seem like it wouldn't work that well.

One things for certain, we are different and it'll be someones 'thing' they like :)

3 hours ago, It Cost How Much!?! said:

I heard the big brother's at Cranage and they were awful. 

I can second that, and I wouldn't put it only down to the room and partnering equipment

The guy is obviously a musician. His other auction is a baby grand piano. So I'm guessing he has a fair idea how instruments ought to sound through his speakers. If you live near Salisbury it might be worth going to have a listen.

Edited by slavedata

1 hour ago, slavedata said:

The guy is oviously a musician. His other auction is a baby grand piano. So I'm guessing he has a fair idea how instruments ought to sound through his speakers. If you live near Salisbury it might be worth going to have a listen.

Or the speakers are being sold because the seller is unhappy with how they sound...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, slavedata said:

The guy is obviously a musician. His other auction is a baby grand piano. So I'm guessing he has a fair idea how instruments ought to sound through his speakers. If you live near Salisbury it might be worth going to have a listen.

Thats interesting, I never look.

But he's also selling a surfboard 😆

• Haha 1

All round Cool Dude!

• Haha 2

Super Wammer

Last day and zero bids even at the start price