Lurches 5th Anniversary, Southcoast Bake-Off, Sunday 14th November. PO19

Lurch

Super Wammer

The Muses now feeding the MLs. 

16369017701936569321546290221720.jpg

• Like 2

Super Wammer

Thank you for your hospitality today John. My first Bake Off at your place and I can see why they are so popular.

Both rooms sounding very good and with the kit changes some combinations really clicked. The Quad 909 put in a sterling shift in the playroom, that with the BB3 and SJS pre really gelled with the Possets. 

Great to get to know the South Coast crew better as well.

• Like 1

Thanks John for another great day , highlight for me was seeing you all again ,the music rocks but so do you guys and of course our very own Jessica, whos pre i have a feeling will be as good as her ps   .

Super Wammer

Another great day John so thank you for hosting again. As Chris says the highlight for me is seeing friends old & new, a super relaxed atmosphere always helps & I hope the newcomers enjoyed it enough to come again. Some very nice kit as always, some even making it's way into John's main system too. In the playroom we had Chrisph's wonderful Posselt Albatross speakers, my Dennon DP55k turntable & Big Bottle 3 phono, with Robin's Advantage Bladelius SS pre-amp & John's long time resident Cambridge power amps to start us off, & throughout the day swapped bits in & out,, Jessika's buffer/pre, a huge pair of Muse 300 power amps, modded by JS Audio brought by Bodgit, & Lostwin's SJS pre & Aurorasound Vida phono, & finally GLB's Quad 909 power amp.

DSC_0031.JPG

• Like 2

Super Wammer

DSC_0026.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks John and all for a great day, was really interesting hearing the kit and meeting everyone. Those Summits are luverly, as was lunch 🙂  Nigel (@TheFlash ) even called on seeing a photo to ask how the 'eck I'd gotten a hold of his Posselts! Rest assured, they're still with Chris (Unless John refuses to give them back). They really sing with some decent wellie driving them.

What never ceases to amaze me is how different LP/CD production varies so much, sure kit makes a difference but quality varies so much more across different records.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Super Wammer
28 minutes ago, Bodgit said:

What never ceases to amaze me is how different LP/CD production varies so much, sure kit makes a difference but quality varies so much more across different records.

Definitely that, no amount of kit swapping on the day made as big a difference as a top quality recording / pressing vs an average one.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Super Wammer

Adding my thanks to John and all those at the bake off for making it a successful day.  As always it was good fun catching up with folks and finding out what they have been up to with their systems, listening to some different music and listening to the results of swapping kit around.

And of course cannot forget the chip and fish finger banquet :)

Glad the Posselt's were up to the job and hopefully still there when I go to pick them up later this week.

• Like 1

Thanks for your hospitality John @Lurch!

Great company. Great tunes and of course, Fish Fingers and Maris Piper chips!

• Like 1

Looks like it was a great day, pity I don't live about 150 miles nearer, as I would have liked to have attended. 

Hope there will be some reports about it later.

Super Wammer
2 hours ago, Bodgit said:

Thanks John and all for a great day, was really interesting hearing the kit and meeting everyone. Those Summits are luverly, as was lunch 🙂  Nigel (@TheFlash ) even called on seeing a photo to ask how the 'eck I'd gotten a hold of his Posselts! Rest assured, they're still with Chris (Unless John refuses to give them back). They really sing with some decent wellie driving them.

Cheers David. And you're right. If you tickle the Posselts they sound ok, but if you put some current up them they do a fine job with a wide and tall soundstage.

Looks like a great day!

• Like 1

Super Wammer

Thanks for another fine bake-off John. The MLs are sounding great. Good to meet a couple of new faces.

Super Wammer
2 hours ago, TheFlash said:

Looks like a great day!

Its always a great day when John hosts a bake off with the chance to meet old friends and to sample fresh meat. Yesterday was no exception , as Chris and Steve said what's not to like about fish fingers and chips especially with lots of cake as a side order, the two rooms were rocking as always with lots of great music and equipment some of which I was not familiar with, but am now. I look forward to Johns' next gathering which is usually in February, hoping I get an invitation.

As always a big thank you John

• Like 2