Linn Ekstatik & new Radikal

4 hours ago, Wenge1 said:

Those of us who live in the UK do sometimes take for granted how well we are served with good Linn dealers .......... 👍

Same here in Europe 😜. Well, Germany at least. The benefit of a small country is that you live closer to one of the really good dealers.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TooManyCatweazles said:

Same here in Europe 😜. Well, Germany at least. The benefit of a small country is that you live closer to one of the really good dealers.

Unless you live in Scotland :sofa:

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Mr Kandid said:

Unless you live in Scotland :sofa:

OK, here's an effort to list the number of competent LP12 dealers in the good ol' US of A (by State):

California – 2

Colorado - 1

Washington (State) - 1

Michigan – 1

New York - 1

Anybody know of any others (no names, please, but it shouldn't be too hard to figure them out)?

:sofa:

29 minutes ago, sktn77a said:

OK, here's an effort to list the number of competent LP12 dealers in the good ol' US of A (by State):

California – 2

Colorado - 1

Washington (State) - 1

Michigan – 1

New York - 1

Anybody know of any others (no names, please, but it shouldn't be too hard to figure them out)?

:sofa:

Wow! We really are very well served here in "my part" of the UK. A quick search on the Linn site for Linn dealers that do turntables brought up 9 within about 40 miles of me!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andyt916 said:

Wow! We really are very well served here in "my part" of the UK. A quick search on the Linn site for Linn dealers that do turntables brought up 9 within about 40 miles of me!

Forgot one.  Atlanta, GA - https://soundimageatl.com

Super nice Linn guy Lawson Hale.   He has done all my upgrades recently as well as the installations of the Target wall mount shelf (you've seen the photos.). 

Edited by mskaye
  • Upvote 2

Thanks.  OK, that 7 now in the entire USA (50 states).  Any more?

• Upvote 1

https://www.linn.co.uk/us/try-linn

Fill in 'United States', Select 'Any turntable' and it gives you about 25 dealers in the US.  Seems to have a pretty good coverage but mainly on the coast. 

Screen Shot 2021-10-01 at 8.01.14 PM.png

• Haha 1

I wish!  Sadly, most of those dealers wouldn’t know an LP12 if I bit them in the a$$.

Edit:  Put in “any” instead of “turntable” and you get the same number.  This is just “any” Linn dealer in the US.

Edited by sktn77a
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, sktn77a said:

I wish!  Sadly, most of those dealers wouldn’t know an LP12 if I bit them in the a$$.

hahaha ok...I thought Linn had quite strict requirements regarding dealers, support and installation? 

There are a number of Linn dealers in the US, BUT most of them are not able to sell or service the turntable, as described above.

My local fettler just retired, he wasn't even a certified Linn turntable seller, but he did have the right to do repairs, just not to sell Linn parts or upgrades..for the table or otherwise!!  I had contacted the factory about this issue, but they were unwilling to certify him for the sales aspect....I understood their position, because maybe if you are in Scotland it makes sense. BUT when you are 6000 miles away and the number of folks who actually work on the turntable and have enough knowledge with the LP12 ( in my fettler's case garnered over three decades, which the factory very well knew) is limited to two guys ( one in his eighties), and the distance between these fettlers is hundreds of miles....it make no sense to me-- whatsoever. 

Now, I am left with the older gent about two plus hours north of me...OR I can ship the table to one of the other choices mentioned ( NOT my idea of fun,😬). Nor my idea of great support!!! 

Edited by Daveyf
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sktn77a said:

Edit:  Put in “any” instead of “turntable” and you get the same number.  This is just “any” Linn dealer in the US.

+1000

7 hours ago, Daveyf said:

There are a number of Linn dealers in the US, BUT most of them are not able to sell or service the turntable, as described above.

My local fettler just retired, he wasn't even a certified Linn turntable seller, but he did have the right to do repairs, just not to sell Linn parts or upgrades..for the table or otherwise!!  I had contacted the factory about this issue, but they were unwilling to certify him for the sales aspect....I understood their position, because maybe if you are in Scotland it makes sense. BUT when you are 6000 miles away and the number of folks who actually work on the turntable and have enough knowledge with the LP12 ( in my fettler's case garnered over three decades, which the factory very well knew) is limited to two guys ( one in his eighties), and the distance between these fettlers is hundreds of miles....it make no sense to me-- whatsoever. 

Now, I am left with the older gent about two plus hours north of me...OR I can ship the table to one of the other choices mentioned ( NOT my idea of fun,😬). Nor my idea of great support!!! 

Actually, he turned 90 this year.  And he is a very good guy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Daveyf said:

I would be happy with a 4 hour drive......I am based in Panama and I've been shipping boxes across the world with no service/support available.... That's one of the reasons that i went straight to a Klimax LP12 level because i don't have the luxury to do updates on a regular basis (at least that was my excuse). I am a big Linn fan but honestly without a dealer close by it's very challenging overall and expensive.....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, frans5508 said:

I would be happy with a 4 hour drive......I am based in Panama and I've been shipping boxes across the world with no service/support available.... That's one of the reasons that i went straight to a Klimax LP12 level because i don't have the luxury to do updates on a regular basis (at least that was my excuse). I am a big Linn fan but honestly without a dealer close by it's very challenging overall and expensive.....

+1

I understand that Linn cannot be everywhere. However, IMHO, shipping the table all over the place is not an ideal situation, given the set up requirements. I don't even relish driving the table hundreds of miles for the same reason. 

Edited by Daveyf

Not sure if this has already been covered, but one thing that some users will appreciate about the new Radikal 2 is that you can dim the front panel LED. This is done via a jumper on the main PCA.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2