Linn Ekstatik & new Radikal

So, my new Klimax Radikal is being installed on December 5th 😍

• Like 5

Super Wammer
5 minutes ago, Tendaberry said:

So, my new Klimax Radikal is being installed on December 5th 😍

I'm thinking you will be going ARadikal to KRadikal 2. Just ARadikal to KRadikal blew me away! You are in for a real treat! Enjoy!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

On 13/11/2021 at 11:10, akamatsu said:

You are getting used to it. Run in is a myth. See page 18 of Floyd Toole’s book. Adaptation, or getting used to it is real. Also per Dr. Toole. I’m looking forward to my own adaptation to the Radikal 2. 

So I’m an automotive quality engineer and at one time was responsible for most of Toyota and Lexus sunroof motors in North America.  

I spent the better part of three years inside an anechoic chamber measuring small electric motors for sound and vibration and can categorically state with some authority that electric motors do run in, and measurably so.  

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Super Wammer
2 minutes ago, chickenlogic said:

So I’m an automotive quality engineer and at one time was responsible for most of Toyota and Lexus sunroof motors in North America.  

I spent the better part of three years inside an anechoic chamber measuring small electric motors for sound and vibration and can categorically state with some authority that electric motors do run in, and measurably so.  

I would expect that in an electrical/mechanical device.

• Like 1

The Radikal 2 includes a new motor.  Thus it will break in. 

Super Wammer
28 minutes ago, chickenlogic said:

The Radikal 2 includes a new motor.  Thus it will break in. 

I will experience that today as I’m headed to Seattle right now to have the Radikal 2 kit installed. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, akamatsu said:

I will experience that today as I’m headed to Seattle right now to have the Radikal 2 kit installed. 

Lucky you!  😃

Edited by sktn77a
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, akamatsu said:

Mine this afternoon!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm just back from an afternoon at the dealer's for a quick "beat the price rise" bit of work.

Whilst there, I had a very brief listen to the 2022-spec Klimax LP12 (K Radikal II & Ekstatic). Notwithstanding that they'd only had it a day or so so it was nowhere near run in, and I have never heard a previous Klimax LP12 before so have no real point of reference, all I can say is - Wow, absolutely astounding!

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Andyt916 said:

I'm just back from an afternoon at the dealer's for a quick "beat the price rise" bit of work.

Whilst there, I had a very brief listen to the 2022-spec Klimax LP12 (K Radikal II & Ekstatic). Notwithstanding that they'd only had it a day or so so it was nowhere near run in, and I have never heard a previous Klimax LP12 before so have no real point of reference, all I can say is - Wow, absolutely astounding!

What was the rest of the system Andy?

30 minutes ago, Dasher said:

Other than a NG Klimax Hub/DSM I'm not sure TBH. The speakers had a similar look to Klimax 350's, but I'm not sure they were. The tweeter look/configuration looked different and I don't remember them being curved. I'll check and find out tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, Andyt916 said:

Other than a NG Klimax Hub/DSM I'm not sure TBH. The speakers had a similar look to Klimax 350's, but I'm not sure they were. The tweeter look/configuration looked different and I don't remember them being curved. I'll check and find out tomorrow.

I heard a NGKDSM  and AEB-i into Kudos 707s (no LKP12) and it was impressive. The DAC architecture was from the AEB-i - so not even Organik. How much different it was from  2018 KDSM I couldn't say. However, a week later I heard the Cymbiosis LP12 (old Klimax) Naim Active Kudos 808 set up and wow! Thankfully neither the NGKDSM nor the Naim Active Kudos system is anywhere near my budget!

16 hours ago, Dasher said:

It doesn't matter 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Tendaberry said:

It doesn't matter 😉

I think you may be right there - I've just had a call from the dealer checking that everything was settling in nicely so I asked what the rest of the system was. It was a Selekt DSM with integrated power amps and a pair of Majik 140's.

I think I'm now even more blown away 😉

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...

@Andyt916 Wow - glad to read that the system you heard was based on a SDSM and performed so well. I pulled out my copy of Dead Can Dance's Anastasis over the weekend. Very full and lush sounding on my system. Perhaps a bit mid-bass heavy if I am being honest but only slightly. I have not attempted to use Space Optimization as of yet. 

I  am close to a full spec table so perhaps I commit to the Radikal 2 upgrade of a Radikal 1 and go ahead and do the way to expensive Keel. That would leave the cartridge for late '22 or even '23. 

• Like 5