Linn power amps

Aristillus

Just wondered how much better than an LK280 the Linn Klout power amp is? In addition do they accept conventional banana p[ugs?

I’ve not compared the two but the klout does not accept banana plugs. Only BFA’s.

Adsm/3 >> Akurate 4200/1 >> Majik 140’s (Silvers/K400)

For me when I encountered those damn EU mandated connections I found Z plugs a better and cheaper option, also makes cables easier to sell on or use with other amps. 

Mmmm, interesting. Thank you for confirming this. I have had a very misleading reply via sh1tbay from Lyric Hi-Fi in Ireland informing me that the re-capped Klout they are selling would accept banana plugs.

Mmmm, interesting. Thank you for confirming this. I have had a very misleading reply via sh1tbay from Lyric Hi-Fi in Ireland informing me that the re-capped Klout they are selling would accept banana plugs.

You could use z-plugs which are the hollow banana plugs but they are a little tight and can push the connectors on the Klout deeper in. I prefer the bfa banana plugs.

I have also heard that if Klouts are re-capped with the wrong caps then they sound crap on the mids and bass I have hence not recapped my Klouts as yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zee9 said:

You could use z-plugs which are the hollow banana plugs but they are a little tight and can push the connectors on the Klout deeper in. I prefer the bfa banana plugs.

I have also heard that if Klouts are re-capped with the wrong caps then they sound crap on the mids and bass I have hence not recapped my Klouts as yet.

I notice that the auction has now ended with absolutely no bids. Interesting info though guys https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Linn-Klout-Power-Amplifier-Recapped-/255149119068?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l44720.c10&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

It seems a lot of money for a refurbed 24-30 year old amp. i notice they quote the amps power output as 160 wpc.  A little misleading as this is the output into 4 0hms.

• Upvote 1

It seems a lot of money for a refurbed 24-30 year old amp. i notice they quote the amps power output as 160 wpc.  A little misleading as this is the output into 4 0hms.

True but id take a Klout anyday over a lk140, 5105, 5125 or a majik 2100(non D)

I never believed the above till I tried my first Klout.

The only thing I hate about the klout is that you need a kairn to put it in standby.

I never got to hear a Klout against my LK280s, but the 280s were far better than the LK140, and with the addition of a Spark power supply they were quite stunning.  This was in the context of a full Linn system (tri-active Kabers), which I found more enjoyable than a friends active Isobarik system using Klouts.

So it the fully re-capped Klout worth the money then?

Its all gone quiet!